Hot Nuts Anyone?

Hello All,

I was browsing gumball.com at work.. bored:) I came across Hot nuts vending machine for 159.00 with stand. Itr has something in there that keep the nuts warm.. I was thinking bar??? What do you think?? Just asking, I couldnt find anything on the search bar, maybe thats a sign...

Thanks

SSV

Hello All,

I was browsing gumball.com at work.. bored:) I came across Hot nuts vending machine for 159.00 with stand. Itr has something in there that keep the nuts warm.. I was thinking bar??? What do you think?? Just asking, I couldnt find anything on the search bar, maybe thats a sign...

Thanks

SSV

Sounds like your servicing time would be a drastically smaller window and who would turn it on/off each day and night? I think it would get some sales but the heat would spoil them faster and you'd have to go there pretty often. Wouldn't be worth it on my route.

Hello All,

Thanks

SSV

I'm guessing hot nuts are different from spicy nuts.

this might be a good idea for the bar owner to do...but I would never do it as a vendor for all the reasons already stated. In the convenience stores they sell hot cashews in a small little plastic thing with a bulb to heat, but I never see anyone buying any. I know I never would.

Years ago they did have a automate peanut roaster. The unit had a little infrared heater you dropped your 50-75 cents in min or two later you had fresh roasted peanuts. Don't think it was a hit because I have never actually seen one anywhere. Just onother one of the Biz Op scams I came across

Same with those coin-op popcorn machines. They are out there, but they are few and far between, and I never see anyone buying anything from them. The only places I see either machine are at those big truck stops, or "Travel Plazas" and again, I've never seen them in operation.

The used to be pretty common. Used a small heating element attached to the underside of the product hopper. A very cheap item ($1) probably still under $5, I doubt if oak, NW would have any new old stock. Haven't seen one for years. Besides I can think of no faster path to bulk vending failure than vending nuts.

The used to be pretty common. Used a small heating element attached to the underside of the product hopper. A very cheap item ($1) probably still under $5, I doubt if oak, NW would have any new old stock. Haven't seen one for years. Besides I can think of no faster path to bulk vending failure than vending nuts.

Interesting story and machine.

You are so right about using nuts. When I first put out my machines, I was buying stock for the first time. I went overboard and bought too much product. I took about $150.00 worth of peanuts back to Sam's. LOL I learned quickly they are not the way to go. I only use them if they sell quickly, even then, i still have to throw product away sometimes.

Archived