From NJ with semi pro experience

theoruxben

Hello, My name is Theo, and I have been a vending route driver for over 5 years. I feel like during my stay at the company I work for, I have seen the ups and downs of vending. And In no way do I mean this in an arrogant way, but I feel like I would be like a great free agent on the open market with what I have done. haha

When i started, My route had about 50 accounts per week(60 or so overall), some dog accounts, some really good ones. At the time,we dexed all the machines, picked from a nice size 16ft truck with side beverage doors, the whole bit. As times got hard, things changed, and I won't discuss the details. But I went from dexing and picking from the truck when I first started, to now pre kitting every account through my own forecasting(no computer help) and I do the route in a van thats not much bigger then a PT Cruiser!?(this drives me nuts by the way). Not to mention(and I say this with anger actually), they have me doing almost 100 accounts weekly(120 something overall). and!! most are soda and snack. I swear I am not meaning to sound like a disgruntled employee.

Anyway, I feel like I know enough to start my own thing. Actually, I have another business venture on the side(non vending related), that has not panned out as planned and I might sell. If i sell that, I am looking at 8-10 grand, which would be my start up. Is that enough to get something going?

I'd want to do strictly soda at first, keep it basic. I talked to some locating company a while back that claimed they'd set up 8 machines, looking at a $400.00 weekly net for $7,500. I am looking for something thats gonna give me around $400.00 net as a start(side income), but with a reasonable deal. I don't want to be forced to buy 6 cases of Fanta pineapple because I have to hit that number. any advice is helpful. also, If I am shooting too high up front, let me know. Thanks

Welcome Theo!

Might I ask how you found us? I am in NJ almost everyday and I've passed out 100's of TVF business cards to route drivers inviting them to our community. Just wondering if we've met.

Sent using Tapatalk 2

. I talked to some locating company a while back that claimed they'd set up 8 machines, looking at a $400.00 weekly net for $7,500. I am looking for something thats gonna give me around $400.00 net as a start(side income), but with a reasonable deal. I don't want to be forced to buy 6 cases of Fanta pineapple because I have to hit that number. any advice is helpful. also, If I am shooting too high up front, let me know. Thanks

Welcome to TVF, lots of great help and advice here.

Wondering what company you talked to? There are several out there that offer a package much like that,let's just say buyer beware and do a lot of research on whoever you decide to do business with.

Welcome aboard! I don't know of any companies that will locate soda in your area, but they do exist. Typically in-person sorts of businesses. I'm not sure the best route to find them though. Also, I would totally buy Pineapple Fanta if somebody stocked it. Is pineapple soda even a thing?

I wish you the best of luck on your vending endeavor, from the sound of it you have a good idea of the industry and you'll find lots of experienced help here! Again, welcome!

Archived