Route GPS

pp47021

I recently picked up a route with 65 bulk candy locations is a large city. Until now I have been able to remember where all my machines are and how to get to them however things have changed. I was wondering if anyone knew of a good FREE or really cheap GPS type program for running routes? I have an ipad and android phone and would prefer a app that would work on one of them. I would like to be able to save my routes so when I am ready to run them I can just click on the route for that day and then the GPS will take me to the first location, then the second, then the third and so on... Right now I have to enter the address of the next location after I service the previous stop. This is workable but take at least a minute and sometimes two which adds up when you are running 20-30 locations a day. I could get home at least an hour earlier if I could avoid this issue. If you have run across anything please let me know. Thanks.

There's an app called CoPilot that I'm pretty sure does this but it's not free. There's a one time fee of $30. It supports multi destination trips, so as long as you can save the trip it could be what you're looking for.

I use the app "General DB" , you can setup a database to hold all the info on your locations you want and it supports a GPS field that will take the location your at, when running it the first time then from within it it will send that GPS data over to Google Maps to give you driving directions from wherever you are when you route it.

my garmin allows you to input multiple locs and then you can save the route profile.

I dont use it this way for vending but that may be a possibility for you

What model Garmin do you have? Can you download routes from Excel (.csv) format? Thanks! I want to create a route using my computer, then download it to a GPS. I have been using my Android phone which can be a pain...

Oh, I missed this. There are a few route planning websites out there. Mapquest has one:

MapQuest

Though it limits you to 25 locations. Can't remember if this had an export to GPS function or not.

But Optimap seems to be the standard.

Optimap

This one does mention it becomes weaker above 15 locations, but I know in the past they allowed up to 100 locations. This one does have an export to GPS function. And somebody mentioned safari (on the iPad) runs out of memory above 30 locations. But this may have been fixed since then.

Archived