advice locating tomorow

TKK

Haven't done it in a while...oh have places who want coke machines but I want good places. I want to get places that do atleast 200 a month per machine plus. What do you guys usually say and about the electricity...I want to set up places with coke and snack machines most places just want coke ones.

Two machines and at 50.00 per machine that is 5000 per year. If you don't want to do it without the snack walk away from it. In many cases you have to be willing to lose it all to win.

Per machine. So if I have a snack and can machine 400 a month...all these apartments and warehouses seem hard to get

oh see, yeah thats not a bad gross, not really great but

about the minimum you need to make to make it worthwhile

most of the accts u will be dealing with have existing vending so

you need to figure out how to get them kicked, also you might be

asked to pay small commission. anywhere that does that kind of

volume PROBABLY wont ask about electricity lol

After 3 hours of located I managed to get

5 bulk locations

2 coke machine locations

One coke and snack machine car lot/ tire shop

And 4 good leads on apartments unhappy on their vendors!

I need more coke machines lol. Would u guys say a coke can only machine making 100 a month would be a decent location?

After 3 hours of located I managed to get

5 bulk locations

2 coke machine locations

One coke and snack machine car lot/ tire shop

And 4 good leads on apartments unhappy on their vendors!

I need more coke machines lol. Would u guys say a coke can only machine making 100 a month would be a decent location?

the apts are unhappy most likely because the vendors arent making much there

and dont expect competition i would be careful taking those accts but in some cases

they can be winners especially like real low income places.

i would not bother with the car lot/tire shop location, unless it has a lot of employees

those locations can be OK drink locations but usually the kind of snack accts where u are

losing money hand over fist

no 100/mo is a terrible acct i would not keep equipment anywhere for under $50 a week

unless the alternative is keeping it in your garage

That's the thing I have these in my garage and right now anywhere is better.

The tire place is like a warehouse and small car lot they only have like 6 employees but he says its very busy and they have a nice waiting area

That's the thing I have these in my garage and right now anywhere is better.

The tire place is like a warehouse and small car lot they only have like 6 employees but he says its very busy and they have a nice waiting area

how much does it cost u to move the equipment? because i can tell you it aint gonna be

worth it no matter how much business they do , dont put a snack machine there. id rather

have one in my garage.

Would the tire shop be worth it if he had a combo machine and didn't have to do one drink and one snack? Seems like getting into full size snack machines is going to cost more than its worth in spoilage unless you can place several at once and rotate stuff before it expires. I only have combo machines and I have seen that start to be a problem. I need to sit down and figure out the percentage going to waste.

So do you suggest to have them in the garage instead? Which place would I

U recommend for a snack machine? I don't see why I couldnt just try it a month or so..obviously if it sucks I'd just move it.

Would the tire shop be worth it if he had a combo machine and didn't have to do one drink and one snack? Seems like getting into full size snack machines is going to cost more than its worth in spoilage unless you can place several at once and rotate stuff before it expires. I only have combo machines and I have seen that start to be a problem. I need to sit down and figure out the percentage going to waste.

RJT gives a very good explanation about combo machines and do not have any but I see his point. Basically

any location that is small enough for a combo machine , is too small for snacks period. if you have enough volume

to justify snacks you will have to be filling the combo machine too much, if you dont have enough you will be dealing with

an avalanche of stale product. also combo machines have poor capacity for drinks, which is what you

make the most money on anyway. the best bet in my opinion is to put a drink machine and fill it on a 2-3 week cycle

if you absolutely must put snacks use an honor box, you will make more money and it needs less product to fill.

So do you suggest to have them in the garage instead? Which place would I

U recommend for a snack machine? I don't see why I couldnt just try it a month or so..obviously if it sucks I'd just move it.

i dont mess with ANY accounts under 15 people, period. i have done these 6-10 person tire places , auto dealerships (buy here pay here) places before. they make NO money, like maybe $50-100 a month in drinks on a good month. its just not worth it

because the same drink machine can be making u $100 a week somewhere else. The only exception is i have a quick lube

place its about 15 guys and has drinks/honor box only. its all outside and theres no 7/11 near by.

most money comes from employees not customers/foot traffic with few exceptions (hotels)

that said if you want to bust your golpher moving the equipment then moving it again, go ahead

i pay to get the soda machines moved so to me its only worth it if i feel i can make money there

even if i moved it myself my back only has so many times of moving heavy golpher ...u know ur back

has a limited life span so make it count lol

btw

http://miami.craigslist.org/brw/app/3106290947.html

This makes sence I'm just having a hard time getting big warehouses most already have vending so its hard to get em...that tire place I'm sure if after a month it sux I can move it because its a mile from my house

This makes sence I'm just having a hard time getting big warehouses most already have vending so its hard to get em...that tire place I'm sure if after a month it sux I can move it because its a mile from my house

if ur going to succeed in full line vending you need to understand how to go after midsize

and large accounts which already have vending. its not a process where you slam dunk them

you need to finesse the accounts. it requires multiple follow ups, and sometimes a proposal.

they say they have vending the question to ask is if you are satisfied with your current vendor

is the equipment clean and working, are there service problems (infrequent service, long periods

of down time, ignoring requests), is the current vendor providing adequate commissions? is the current

vendor providing adequate pricing. in some cases lowering the pricing on just a few items can

get you the account. also consider that you may be able to change commissions to an incentive, get creative

maybe the employees would rather have a bbq party or pizza party once a quarter instead of this commissions

this way you can offer them lower prices . there is also healthy vending but that is controversial. u would be

surprised how many vendors dont treat their accounts well especially the smaller mid-size accts that

may not be the best moneymaker for a big vendor, they are prime targets for someone in your position.

speaking of commissions always remember you ADD the commission to your prices. that is to say

if they want 10% commission you take your normal price of an item (what you sell it for w/out

commission) and add 10% on top. remember commission is a tax the company puts on its employees

and visitors it does NOT come from your bottom line

i would suggest reading RJT's book on vending or steve woodbine's book if you are serious about

doing vending as a full time job.

Great advise I do ask if they are happy with their vendors.

I just hate having these huge machines sitting when I have a decent place making very good money.

Dog cow how do you get locations

Great advise I do ask if they are happy with their vendors.

I just hate having these huge machines sitting when I have a decent place making very good money.

Dog cow how do you get locations

see above

Archived