I got a Uturn Today

BigRedvender

I have read what some have said about the Uturn terminator I didn't get one of those just the 4 head one. Price was right under 100 bucks off of ebay. It showed up today little cleaning and it should be ready for the route. I know what some have said about them I figured I might give at a try at work. Work at a large High School In Nebraska Class A couple of the Teachers has asked If I could Put some machines in their Work areas. So I am going to ask the Principle if it is ok. If so 3 offices I have one that should work well it is a Uturn with a Tabletop base. Yea but it is in a locked room and also way to wide to shove in a locker. I did double check that. This one and what ever else I can come up with. Also a buddy said I have an relative with a couple old machines like that he doesn't want. I will see If I can get them for you. What they are I don't know but the price of Free is always a good thing.

I have read what some have said about the Uturn terminator I didn't get one of those just the 4 head one. Price was right under 100 bucks off of ebay. It showed up today little cleaning and it should be ready for the route. I know what some have said about them I figured I might give at a try at work. Work at a large High School In Nebraska Class A couple of the Teachers has asked If I could Put some machines in their Work areas. So I am going to ask the Principle if it is ok. If so 3 offices I have one that should work well it is a Uturn with a Tabletop base. Yea but it is in a locked room and also way to wide to shove in a locker. I did double check that. This one and what ever else I can come up with. Also a buddy said I have an relative with a couple old machines like that he doesn't want. I will see If I can get them for you. What they are I don't know but the price of Free is always a good thing.

Schools have been tricky for me. They typically have exclusive vending contracts, and a lot of these places are phasing out any and all junk food. Even though it's in a break room, I still think this one might not fly.

Regardless, I wish you the best of luck Big Red!

performa, you have seen a junk food free school?

Yup. I went to one! They had one of those slick glass-front soda machines with the coke artwork on it (I think that's a Dixie Narco, but I'm not a full-line guy) and they were selling JUICE BOXES from it. Candy was pretty much forbidden from the grounds, and if you were caught with it, depending on the quantity and intentions, they would actually penalize you. A friend of mine got detention for bringing a couple packages of Twizzlers to share with us all at lunch to celebrate his scholarship. It was explained that we were setting an "unhealthy precedent, and that we all needed to stay healthy together." whatever that means.

Maybe it's just here, but central Wisconsin seems to be the state focus on health. I spoke with one of the health department heads (who were pushing the full line guys to go with their "Healthy Vending Program" with all sorts of carrot/stick strategies) who commented that it would "be a great day when people would buy nothing but healthy snacks". Now, she never said it was by the consumer's choice. I'm firmly opposed to anyone meddling in my affairs, especially the government, but I received an email asking me if I would be willing to (of the goodness of my own heart) switch to an all-healthy foods program. They even sent me a link to the biz-op (by U-Turn, so you know it's good :rolleyes: ). Right now it's by city council direction, but at the time it was a very real possibility that all vendors were going to have to go with their "Healthy vending Program" and they sent me all the tags and things I'd have to add to my machines. The first set was free, but renewing each year was going to be an expensive pain. Then, without warning the whole project lost steam (and funding) so now the whole thing is on the back burner. The schools are all locked into this "BE HEALTHY!" mentality, and I'd expect it to be that way for quite some time. I'd get into the whole "Pink slime" thing, but that's for another time.

Sorry for the rant, I guess I'm just "excited" to go get some health insurance "or else".

Archived