Pipe Stands - were do you buy yours?

JDVENDING

I thought I had a good deal going on EBay for three pipe stands until I was way out bid. Now I'm almost forced just to buy new because I need three of them now! Just to get a rough idea on prices I looked at the cast pipe stands at Sams clubs and there asking $44 apiece with $9 for shipping. I will have to A&A to get a price from them..Is that about the going rate for these stands with shipping? If so, wow. For those three stands I need I'll be paying $60 more than I did for my all my machines. I can now see what's going to be the expensive part of buying machines. THE STANDS!

It's funny how you can buy used doubles with a NW or AA stand for less than the stand alone would cost new. Sam's is the cheapest place I've found to buy the NW. AA has theirs listed at $29 + s/h. You'll have to compare the total with shipping because of the weight.

Stick to the pipe stands.

There's a reason you see so many more pipe stands than you do tempo stands on location.

However, where to get them?

I go with A&A and recommend them.

Shipping costs can be controlled if you order your stands along with other product/equipment.

Order enough and you can get that stuff on a pallet to help keep shipping down.

But, option "B" if you are in So Cal would be to drive to A&A's CA warehouse in North L.A. and save on shipping by picking up the stands yourself.

Ford has the best pipe stands money can buy they last forever. I use mostly ford pipe stands but some AA I paint them dark machine gray as needed. Bought over 50 from a friend for scrap price which is about $3 each.

Tempo stands look cheap and rediculous in my opinion.

Stick to the pipe stands.

There's a reason you see so many more pipe stands than you do tempo stands on location.

However, where to get them?

I go with A&A and recommend them.

Shipping costs can be controlled if you order your stands along with other product/equipment.

Order enough and you can get that stuff on a pallet to help keep shipping down.

But, option "B" if you are in So Cal would be to drive to A&A's CA warehouse in North L.A. and save on shipping by picking up the stands yourself.

It definitely sounds like A&A is the way to go. If I did want to go pick the stands straight from the warehouse would I just let who ever helps me with my order that I want to do will call or is there a different ordering procedure?

That's good to know that I can just go to there warehouse, it's not to far and I will save some money. I think A&A will be getting some business.

Ford has the best pipe stands money can buy they last forever. I use mostly ford pipe stands but some AA I paint them dark machine gray as needed. Bought over 50 from a friend for scrap price which is about $3 each.

Tempo stands look cheap and rediculous in my opinion.

Where do you usually purchase your Ford stands?

Also, what sizes stand is the norm, 24" or 30"? Or is it just preference thing?

Just a "preference thing" as far I know.

I prefer the 24" but that's just me.

I want the lower center of gravity to help against tip-overs and every little bit helps.

Although, I do have some 30" with no issues...so there's not much difference.

I thought I had a good deal going on EBay for three pipe stands until I was way out bid. Now I'm almost forced just to buy new because I need three of them now! Just to get a rough idea on prices I looked at the cast pipe stands at Sams clubs and there asking $44 apiece with $9 for shipping. I will have to A&A to get a price from them..Is that about the going rate for these stands with shipping? If so, wow. For those three stands I need I'll be paying $60 more than I did for my all my machines. I can now see what's going to be the expensive part of buying machines. THE STANDS!

Make a stand

Get a piece of 3/4" playwood 2X2 would work to start.

Router the edge or cut it out with a jig saw into a circular base.

Get a pipe mounting flange from Home Depot or Lowe's sit it in the middle of the plywood use it as a guide to drill out the holes for the mounting bolts.

flip the stand base over now then take a larger drill bit and make some counter sink holes on the back side for the bolts or screws to resess below level of the plywood. Thread the pipe in the base and then you can do the same for the top and snug it tight with a pipe wrench. Black paint and most would't know that they were of the homemade

That's the site I found earlier but the only stand I saw on there looked like the old antique pedestal type.

I didnt see the one your talking about but they dont have a very good site call and find out.

$(KGrHqVHJC8E8fUFsHUKBPPZ134ovw~~60_35.JPG

this one needs to be repainted but you get the idea. you can buy the pipe from them or if you have a die set just get some 3/4" pipe and cut it to what ever length you like best. very sturdy stand each base weighs about 35 pounds.

You can get single double or triple brackets to thread on the pipe just like any other stand.

Archived