How should I approach this vendor?

English Vending

There is a toy/tattoo rack in one of my best locations that was full when I started and I've watched the levels of toys go gradually down and my last couple of servicings the whole thing has been empty. Seems like this guy is uninterested in making a real go of this business but also seems like it would be a delicate phone call to make. I don't want to come off as "your machine looks like crap sitting there empty, why don't I take it off your lazy hands?" How should I approach this situation?? I'm heading there to service in about 30 minutes, I'll try to get a pic.

I would talk to the owner and see if they are happy with his service. I talked to an owner of the bowling alley which had two 9 head racks every head was empty for over a year. Turns out I talked to the owner and he said he doesnt have time for them anymore so he is selling me the racks and I get to leave them in the bowling alley.

I would talk to the owner and see if they are happy with his service. I talked to an owner of the bowling alley which had two 9 head racks every head was empty for over a year. Turns out I talked to the owner and he said he doesnt have time for them anymore so he is selling me the racks and I get to leave them in the bowling alley.

Nice, sounds like a plan. I guess the worst that can happen is that he gets mad at my implication that his empty machines need some TLC

Here is the neglected machine, I guess it's not totally empty but only a few left in each of the heads. One of them that still has product it is all setting to where it won't drop into the wheel so might as well be empty. No contact info on the machine, I will call the manager sometime this week. Got $17.75 out of my machine there :) the gum balls got tore up!

post-3126-0-82104000-1341078431_thumb.jpg

I went to a location last week that there has been an empty 2" cap for over a month. I talked to the owner and asked him if he was happy and he said ya they do a decent job as I walked out the door he said hey wait what kind of a split do you give. I told him 20% of gross and that is more than the 50% the other guy claims to give you. the guy gives 50% of the profit and I told the owner I would put a rack there and see who makes him more money. He hasnt called me yet but its worth a try at your location english.

The worst thing that could happen if you dont ask him is the place buys their own equipment if they are not happy and the location is lost to all vendors permanently.

I agree with the others- if the management thinks they can make more money with you, they may either sell you the equipment if it's theirs, or boot the other guy and give you the space. I'm a little surprised to see a Victor machine with an actual cabinet though- I see Victors all the time, and they have the same solid "box" heads on them from when they came from the factory.

Archived