Good choice for smaller places

havending

I've got a bunch of 4-ways out too....they're my favorite set-up.

My larger racks make more money, so I can't complain.

But, as you stated, these have their place and I love that they are soooooo quick/easy to service.

An All-star/A&A 3-column or a 2-in machine on top has worked well for me.

It gives customers a variety -- rather than four 1" machines.

I don't really target a location for it. But if the location does not look real busy or if its a shared location with not much room left then they get it. Or of an owner seems to want machines but doesn't want a large set up. That one I showed I happen to share the location with the NBVA president. Here's his set up. Mine looks better. :D

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

post-1215-13410942968645_thumb.jpg

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

I agree 4 ways are great. I seem to get these placed everytime they tell me they don't have room. The LYPC stand is my choice for this set up, it is slightly smaller than the AA.

I was gonna say the same thing. At 14" you could fit the LYPC rack almost anywhere you could fit a double on a pipe.

I was gonna say the same thing. At 14" you could fit the LYPC rack almost anywhere you could fit a double on a pipe.

Agree...the only drawback:

If you are putting a 2 column flat or 2" bulk machine on top, you will have exposed corners on that LYPC.

And those corners are POINTY...and I don't want trouble with kids getting hurt.

So, if I'm using something like a 3 or 4 column on top, I like the LYPC for compactness.

But, if I'm using something on top that's narrower than the crossbar, I've learned to use the A&A instead.

I like this size rack as well, here is one that I made and is the same size as the A&A rack, I have it at a laundromat with a 2" on top, as discussed there are several configurations and this rack takes up so little space.

post-1988-0-73202300-1341100285_thumb.jpg

I like this size rack as well, here is one that I made and is the same size as the A&A rack, I have it at a laundromat with a 2" on top, as discussed there are several configurations and this rack takes up so little space.

Wow, that's a really nice home-built rack Will. My apologies for derailing the conversation, but how difficult was it to make that setup?

I hadn't really considered "small" racks in my business- this thread has been very enlightening!

Wow, that's a really nice home-built rack Will. My apologies for derailing the conversation, but how difficult was it to make that setup?

I hadn't really considered "small" racks in my business- this thread has been very enlightening!

It was very easy to make, and it was practically free, the laminate plywood was out back of lowes. All I bought was the 1x6 for the shelves. So I made it for about 6 bucks. I need to make more, I guess a trip to the lowe's scrap pile is in order.

These are about 300 new from AA. Don't get me wrong I will throw a big rack in a place quick but often times you look at a place and just dont want to sink 700 in to it.

That's a great looking stand.

IMO, hand-made stands like this are so much nicer looking than the metal ones most of us use.

I agree 4 ways are great. I seem to get these placed everytime they tell me they don't have room. The LYPC stand is my choice for this set up, it is slightly smaller than the AA.

I know some people have issues with the lypc stands. But the performa stands from eagle are the same design, but might be of better quality

Eagle stands (durastands) used to be great, made in Canada. Now they are medium to poor, made in China...but I still like the design when using the front wood panel instead of the plain rack with the cross bars in back (LYPC design). But only for 7 ways or smaller, the new 'made in China' ones are not durable enough for the weight of a 9 way (especially with sticker units on top).

Archived