Keywords used to search Craigslist & EBay

JDVENDING

After spending many hours searching Craigslist and Ebay for deals today at work, I got to thinking. What words do you guys use?

Here are some that I used

Gum ball machine

Vending machine

Bulk vending machine

Candy machine

Bulk candy machine

Sticker machine

Sticker vending machine

Capsule vending machine

Capsule vending machine 1" and 2"

I'm sure I typed in many others. What keywords do you use?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I use the word "vending", then "vending machine", "dispenser" (this has yielded a lot of results for me on both CL and eBay) and "toy machine". It varies from town to town, and eBay is very hit and miss. People tend to generalize, usually the guys selling for pennies on the dollar don't have a clue how the business works, let alone terminology, so specific vending terms are unlikely to show up. Good luck finding some good deals!

...usually the guys selling for pennies on the dollar don't have a clue how the business works, let alone terminology, so specific vending terms are unlikely to show up. Good luck finding some good deals!

This is a great point and I've found the same thing in my CL searches. Generally the more specific industry word yields more expensive listings than the generalized words. Like when I search "Bulk Vend", the results tend to be higher priced because it's more likely to be an experienced vendor posting it. But when I search "gumball machine" or "candy machine" that seems to yield better prices. The only downside though is that you're gonna wade through a lot of garage sale listings, etc. but those are generally the people who are clueless about a machines value.

Dispenser, I have t thought of that one. Do you use just "dispenser" or throw in words like vending, or candy in front for best results?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Simple searches work best for the algorithms. Start with dispenser as a standalone, then tack on words if you think it's not finding the right results. I've picked up quite a few machines listed as "dispensers" rather than vending machines. Again, when I say vending machine to prospective locations, most people think full-line, so the bulk machines will often get called something else.

Another word to look for is "coin operated, or coin op. or coinop, or coin-op. It varies as I fear literacy has taken a real dive on the internet. This will sometimes yield our type of equipment that's been miscategorized.

Just as a proof of concept, I can find deals like THIS all day long. They come and go, but around here I can land a Silent Sales Force, or Vendworkz (or whatever off-brand they happen to be on that day) for about $20 any day of the week, depending on drive time. I'm sure machine styles vary across the country. It depends on your needs as a vendor, but your ROI on a literally $5.00 machine is much better than anything else on the market, that's for sure.

I never thought of trying gum ball in a craigslist ad. I did find some good stuff. Here's a transcript of the most interesting find. Remember I live in SC.

FREE BEE HIVE. We have a honey hive in the base of our gum ball tree. If you want it come and get it. First come. First Served.

I never thought of trying gum ball in a craigslist ad. I did find some good stuff. Here's a transcript of the most interesting find. Remember I live in SC.

FREE BEE HIVE. We have a honey hive in the base of our gum ball tree. If you want it come and get it. First come. First Served.

What? :huh: ? ? ?

Seriously, that doesn't make any sense to me. "Come and get" a "free" beehive? I'm lost here.

Just as a proof of concept, I can find deals like THIS all day long. They come and go, but around here I can land a Silent Sales Force, or Vendworkz (or whatever off-brand they happen to be on that day) for about $20 any day of the week, depending on drive time. I'm sure machine styles vary across the country. It depends on your needs as a vendor, but your ROI on a literally $5.00 machine is much better than anything else on the market, that's for sure.

Awesome! Setups like that are routinely $100-$130 on Denver CL. I've seen a Vendstar 3000 listed for $275. I honestly think sometimes people just throw crap against the wall to see if some sucker will come along and take it.

Hey Performa, is that add from junction city Tx? If so, I had a hell of an expirence one time going thru there on my way home from Florida. Let's just say the good ol' boy Texas cops do not like guys from southern California.

Anyway, I think it kind of helps living in southern Ca because Oaks and I think Eagles were and maybe still are manufactured here so I see those on Craig's list often. Most of the time they are way over priced. But sometimes you can snag them for really good deals.

Awesome! Setups like that are routinely $100-$130 on Denver CL. I've seen a Vendstar 3000 listed for $275. I honestly think sometimes people just throw crap against the wall to see if some sucker will come along and take it.

I see the same thing with Vendstars here, they listed them crazy prices. I'm not paying $25 for a Vendstar let alone $250

Hey Performa, is that add from junction city Tx? If so, I had a hell of an expirence one time going thru there on my way home from Florida. Let's just say the good ol' boy Texas cops do not like guys from southern California.

Anyway, I think it kind of helps living in southern Ca because Oaks and I think Eagles were and maybe still are manufactured here so I see those on Craig's list often. Most of the time they are way over priced. But sometimes you can snag them for really good deals.

I see the same thing with Vendstars here, they listed them crazy prices. I'm not paying $25 for a Vendstar let alone $250

Junction City Wisconsin, population 200 something, I think. The town has been bypassed on the highway for what seems like forever. Cheap gas, great burgers at Charlie's grill, and that's about it. I'm afraid to even inquire what happened to you in Texas.

Vendstars can sometimes fetch more, because people see them everywhere, then see them on eBay in big numbers and assume "that must be a good machine!" and bam- $250 vendstars. I'm not in the market for them anymore, but if I was I can usually find package deals where the unit cost can be lower than $10 a machine. For awhile I was almost considering a lot of them just for the stands, but that project is on the back burner. As with all good deals, they are out there, but finding them is the tricky part. If you miss one, remember there will always be another good deal.

What? :huh: ? ? ?

Seriously, that doesn't make any sense to me. "Come and get" a "free" beehive? I'm lost here.

I agree. Crazy. Come and get your very own bee hive.

gumball

gumbal

gumballs

gum bal

gum ball

gum balls

route

vend

vending

vending machine

vendor

candy machine

candy mashine

candy dispenser / despenser

candy

northwetern

vendstar (for some people any machine is a vendstar now)

candy business

and all the various mispellings

Archived