Frozen / Stuck Locks 1-800 Triple

bulkjake

I have a 1-800 triple with frozen / stuck locks. The top and rear locks both are not turning / unlocking. I have tried a little water on the key...any other ideas? This is a machine that was in storage for a long time...at least a few years. I am sure I am using the correct key as the top lock turned counter clockwise 1 full turn, then froze up. Also, all the other machines in this 'lot' of machines use the same key. These are the original keys that came with the machine (red color key).

Go and try a little WD-40 on them and let them sit for a few min to overnight and then try again Might be just rusted up and needs to be hit also if WD doesn't work you could try a product called ScrewLoose I think Gunk makes it you can get it from any auto parts store

I should have mentioned I tried WD 40, I let it sit over night, still frozen. I am going to try some Lock Ease'. It has graphite in it. I will also try the oil it that doesn't work...I have a feeling I am going to be drilling.

Go and try a little WD-40 on them and let them sit for a few min to overnight and then try again Might be just rusted up and needs to be hit also if WD doesn't work you could try a product called ScrewLoose I think Gunk makes it you can get it from any auto parts store

Litium grease all the way

• 4 weeks later...

machine oil or lithium grease

on the inside and on they key as you insert frozen pins work the oil into the lock and it should work like new

bill

Does the lithium grease come in a spray can? Can I spray it into the lock? I have a 1800 that got wet from a busted pipe and the back door lock won't budge.

FWIW, my locksmith told me that these types of tubular locks become "unworkable" when the pins inside the lock quit moving and the lock becomes very secure. If the pins are stuck/sticking/broke and you cant get them to work properly with graphite/wd-40/rooster juice/etc., he said there is no way to operate (open) the lock and that drilling it out becomes about the only option.

• 1 year later...

If you can get the top lock off, take everything off until you get to the coin tray. Use a socket with an extension to loosen the coin lock post bolt head from the front of the machine. You kind of have to bend the coin tray a little to get the socket on. Just unscrew it until the lock comes off and toss it. I have had to do this twice and you don't have to drill. It only takes about a minute.

• 4 weeks later...

Also, if you can't get the top lock off but, you CAN remove the back lock, simply unscrew the rod and the top lock will come off. The drilling part comes in when BOTH locks are unusable. Which has happened to me several times.

Archived