excited

TKK

I landed a huge account this week. It's a truck terminal with about 22 employees and truckers stop daily. I had reccomended it to my locator as a wish list and he couldn't get me in. I called and she said they own the 2 coke machines. But that their snack machine belongs to a huge local vending company who net over 4 million a year. They have all schools colleges etc. The snack machine had been out of service for 2 weeks. She said every week he'd go and had to refil more than half the columns. So I'm sure its a good place. She liked how my snack machine is refrigerated for chocolates. She called them and they said oh we have the part well install it and get u running tomorrow. She said no thanx and they said oh well well' pik up the machine in 3 weeks or so. Jerks. So she called me said they put it in the back. So I'm gonna go set up tomorrow. No commission. She did want low prices because her Cokes are at 50 cents. I'm not gonna go too low on my stuff I usually triple anything under 30c and double stuff that's 50+c. I hope it goes good its 2 miles from me its huge.

Excitement number 2

I'm renting a house. The owners we found out are the owners of a huge dairy company. Their mill sells at Wal-Mart's and all local schools etc. I asked the owner when I took him the rent if he knew of anyone since he's a big business guy. He said come to my office. He said he has that same company as above and that he's not very happy because they sell out of 6 rows super fast and they don't double stock those items. He said they pay him 10%. I said I'd do the same I even offered 15% oops. He said well let me show u the last two checks they gave us. It said candy 564 net and coke machine 763 net. Commission was about 120ish. He said he saves it for company parties. This is just two machines a snack and a coke! So its a gold mine while I was there there was like 8 employees eating buying snacks and comes. And sure enough like 7 empty rows. They r a huge company. He said I'm good to set up asap he's calling them and tell them they don't need vending machines anymore. Bad thing was prices. Cokes were 60c and big chips and honey buns like 80c. When all that I put at 1.00. Cokes I do .75. What should I do as far as prices? Leave them? Raise them? That's a sick account. That's over 500 each a month.

Who carries 60 cents in change these days? That's just putting extra strain on your coin changer. Put it up to 75 at least- I can't imagine you'd lose sales because of a 15 cent increase. Good luck TKK, I love a good success story!

60 c is very low, my lowest is .65 and even then its only profitable to run the location

once every 2 wks... remember to run ur numbers when pricing

as one of our other members likes to say if it doesnt make dollars it doesnt make sense

I landed a huge account this week. It's a truck terminal with about 22 employees and truckers stop daily. I had reccomended it to my locator as a wish list and he couldn't get me in. I called and she said they own the 2 coke machines. But that their snack machine belongs to a huge local vending company who net over 4 million a year. They have all schools colleges etc. The snack machine had been out of service for 2 weeks. She said every week he'd go and had to refil more than half the columns. So I'm sure its a good place. She liked how my snack machine is refrigerated for chocolates. She called them and they said oh we have the part well install it and get u running tomorrow. She said no thanx and they said oh well well' pik up the machine in 3 weeks or so. Jerks. So she called me said they put it in the back. So I'm gonna go set up tomorrow. No commission. She did want low prices because her Cokes are at 50 cents. I'm not gonna go too low on my stuff I usually triple anything under 30c and double stuff that's 50+c. I hope it goes good its 2 miles from me its huge.

Excitement number 2

I'm renting a house. The owners we found out are the owners of a huge dairy company. Their mill sells at Wal-Mart's and all local schools etc. I asked the owner when I took him the rent if he knew of anyone since he's a big business guy. He said come to my office. He said he has that same company as above and that he's not very happy because they sell out of 6 rows super fast and they don't double stock those items. He said they pay him 10%. I said I'd do the same I even offered 15% oops. He said well let me show u the last two checks they gave us. It said candy 564 net and coke machine 763 net. Commission was about 120ish. He said he saves it for company parties. This is just two machines a snack and a coke! So its a gold mine while I was there there was like 8 employees eating buying snacks and comes. And sure enough like 7 empty rows. They r a huge company. He said I'm good to set up asap he's calling them and tell them they don't need vending machines anymore. Bad thing was prices. Cokes were 60c and big chips and honey buns like 80c. When all that I put at 1.00. Cokes I do .75. What should I do as far as prices? Leave them? Raise them? That's a sick account. That's over 500 each a month.

Hopefully these come through for you. One potential problem I see developing for you, especially for the second location in your post, is the lack of clarity of what you are offering and committing to. Hopefully its not the case.

What I mean by this: Have you covered specifically with the location what type of equipment you intend to install, what the prices are going to be and if any commissions are going to be paid? Is it in writing? If not, you are potentially setting yourself up for a disastrous experience. If you go to the time and effort to set all this up and they thought that you were going to match the prices, not increase them, or maybe something else, the end result is that they get upset with the situation being not what they expected and poof a few weeks later you are picking up your machines.

In my experience Truck terminals can be great. We have 6 of them(In NJ) most with soda snack, and they easily do $75-100 per machine each a week. Only issue is, these accounts depending on the equipment used can get beat to hell. Some of these truckers are strong, and either shake out a bunch of freebees or bang the crap out of it if they got ripped off.

I'm good for both of them for sure now. Those crane national machines are awesome so high tech compared to the polyvend and you can set them to chill cool even freeze supposedly they are easy to use and have two spirals in each of the big item ones. Ima keepy prices up so imvat atleast 30% cog. They make me bhappy cuz I was finding bad accounts and with few great accounts ill triple my monthly full time

Good luck with the new accounts. You sound like you worked to get them and developed them. Good job. I agree Crane National is a solid machine. At the terminal you might try to bolt that machine to the wall to prevent to much shaking. These type of accounts tend to be good earners in my experience.

Archived