Would you say the U turn parts are weaker?

JLM Vending

Nowadays it just seems like every time i go out on service someone is breaking the door or someone is messing the machine up to where I got to replace the coin mech. Really discouraging. But to be honest, the doors are very weak. Any kid can break them off. Do you find the other machines to hold up a little better? I haven't had any problems with Oak but i haven't had them nearly as long.

The only 4way I've ever had any experience with are the Vendesigns. I've never had any problems out of them except for the locks. My Northwesterns are still new but so far no issues.

The vendesign locks are horrible, but there doors are STRONG.

I upgraded all of the locks and have had zero problems since. BTW...I buy aftermarket locks for all of my machines now regardless of how I acquire them. Even with the Northwesterns you can pay extra for the Ace locks but there aren't enough different key codes for it to be of any benefit.

You know, as I read this thread it dawned on me, a company could make a killing by coming to these forums and asking the members to desgn a machine from the stand on up.

You know, as I read this thread it dawned on me, a company could make a killing by coming to these forums and asking the members to desgn a machine from the stand on up.

Even reissuing or updating some specialized machines would be great. I'd love to have a Victor "Zipper" gumball machine, but they don't make them anymore. Same goes for the "Illusion" cabinets, the Northwestern Double-Decker, the Talking Beaver machines... the list goes on.

But, on topic, U-Turns just don't hold up very well it seems. Plastic parts just aren't built to handle high-volume accounts, and machines that large and expensive need to be in high-volume accounts. I've seen them upgraded with the metal mechs and chute doors, but that's an added expense. It's all a trade-off I suppose, the Vendesigns are stronger, but U-Turn can vend a wider variety of products.

I hope those Oaks work out very well for you JLM- after all the stuff those U-Turns have put you through, you deserve some easier service runs!

Used to be a member here Tbird. He is with ParSal Vending now but I believe he had something in the works.

Archived