Regarding U-Turns, at what point...

Rick

...can I no longer afford to say no? I've been reading recent posts about these machines and their parts, pain in the rear to refill, the rarity of a location that can support four heads, cost of filling the machine, etc. etc.

But I have a guy that started firm at $75 ea. x2 and I haven't returned his emails because I'm afraid of making a mistake with my very first machines. One of the four heads is set to vend GB (does that make it any better?) Then he came down to $65...now today he came down to $55 each and has a half case of GB and other product he's willing to throw in.

How long before I'm an idiot for looking a gift-horse in the mouth here? $110 plus product for two U-Turns seems like a rock solid deal even factoring in the headaches they can cause.

...can I no longer afford to say no? I've been reading recent posts about these machines and their parts, pain in the rear to refill, the rarity of a location that can support four heads, cost of filling the machine, etc. etc.

But I have a guy that started firm at $75 ea. x2 and I haven't returned his emails because I'm afraid of making a mistake with my very first machines. One of the four heads is set to vend GB (does that make it any better?) Then he came down to $65...now today he came down to $55 each and has a half case of GB and other product he's willing to throw in.

How long before I'm an idiot for looking a gift-horse in the mouth here? $110 plus product for two U-Turns seems like a rock solid deal even factoring in the headaches they can cause.

I have had these machines before. The coin mechs are not very sturdy and can be broken pretty easy as well as the chute doors breaking off. My suggestion to you is, you can get a 1800 triple head machine for about $50-60. No telling how old the gum and candy is that he is throwng in. I would pass on these.

As a U turn vendor, I would say U turns are hardly ever worth it. I mean regardless of the price, the candy is expensive. And like treadmill says, the parts are actually very weak. Im tired of them and am only building with Oaks now. The thing about U turn is that they do look kind of cool. But it aint so cool when you have to service them and pick up all the coins with your hand. Yes, they do fall out of the box. Just go with a triple or double for less money and you will be much more happy. U turn manuefactuers never got it right.

As a U turn vendor, I would say U turns are hardly ever worth it. I mean regardless of the price, the candy is expensive. And like treadmill says, the parts are actually very weak. Im tired of them and am only building with Oaks now. The thing about U turn is that they do look kind of cool. But it aint so cool when you have to service them and pick up all the coins with your hand. Yes, they do fall out of the box. Just go with a triple or double for less money and you will be much more happy. U turn manuefactuers never got it right.

Thanks for the feedback JLM. It was your dialogue in your thread in the Bulk Vending Revenue Reports sub-forum that had me a little leery of the U-Turns to begin with.

I recently bought 12 of them for $25 ea., That was my sweet spot. I didn't intend to use any of them, I was going to resell them all for profit but I ended up selling 7 of them and still have 5 that I am rethinking. I found a spot perfect for one of them and although I dislike them maybe they do have their uses in certain situations. Guess it all depends on what it's worth to you.

I think there is a perfect spot for every type of machine, it's just a matter of finding it. There are a lot more perfect spots for single gumballs than big quad machines. The biggest problem I see with the U-Turn is that it is so big it warrants a high-traffic spot, but the mechanical parts aren't rugged enough to withstand that kind of use and abuse. I'd rather have a reliable machine that I know I can place easily than a specialty machine that, on top of being big and heavy, is notoriously unreliable and difficult to service.

I'd tell the guy you aren't interested anymore, and move on.

I think there is a perfect spot for every type of machine, it's just a matter of finding it. There are a lot more perfect spots for single gumballs than big quad machines. The biggest problem I see with the U-Turn is that it is so big it warrants a high-traffic spot, but the mechanical parts aren't rugged enough to withstand that kind of use and abuse. I'd rather have a reliable machine that I know I can place easily than a specialty machine that, on top of being big and heavy, is notoriously unreliable and difficult to service.

I'd tell the guy you aren't interested anymore, and move on.

Here is the dilemna. It's hard and difficult to put a big machine like a u turn in a high traffic spot. My best spot for the u turn is a cocktail bar. They do eat it like crazy. HOWEVER.... at the end of they day if all i had was a double and it only made half as much, I might actually be better off since I wouldn't be servicing the eliminator for no 45 minutes. So I make a lot in some places with u turns, but they take up too much time, and that is a factor to consider because time is money.

Archived