Drink machine recommendations for small account?

I am a newcomer in the business, and one of my current customers is remodeling and needs to move the current combo machine from inside the building to a screened-in porch. They are going to give up the snacks for just a drink machine. So i am looking for some recommendations for a smaller drink capacity (maybe 250-350 capacity?) machine that could be put in this location and work in the 30-100F temps. The smallest one i have seen from the major vendors is the Dixie-Narco 368 which holds 376 12oz.

Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

After some further research i see that dixie-narco makes a 276 version. Are there other smaller size machines made by the main manufacturers? I was also wondering about the model numbers that Dixie Narco uses, I see E and MC designations. Is there information on what each of these mean?

Thanks

if u place a 276 you might consider running 2 double columns of the best sellers (like dew or coke)

see the cost to service thread to understand why. most locs that need a 276 only need service every 2wks

but the best seller might start running out in 1 wk so your cost to service goes way up, this is why

i dont place anything smaller than a 368 now. i would rather overstock a 368 and do 2-3wk cycle

than have to go somewhere once a week to refill ONE selection.

Thanks for your thoughts. I would like to get the larger machine as you point out, less time between service. My local used vending machine guy has a Royal 376 and Royal 448 and a couple of smaller USI/FSI 3040 and USI 3061 that I am looking at. How can I tell if these machines are rated for outdoors? The location will be a enclosed screened porch, so it is just temperatures that will be issue. Any thoughts?

Thanks for your thoughts. I would like to get the larger machine as you point out, less time between service. My local used vending machine guy has a Royal 376 and Royal 448 and a couple of smaller USI/FSI 3040 and USI 3061 that I am looking at. How can I tell if these machines are rated for outdoors? The location will be a enclosed screened porch, so it is just temperatures that will be issue. Any thoughts?

as long as its not being rained on,thats fine, indoor units in a shop or some factories arent temperature controlled.

that said a panel on the door or near the plug will tell you the UL certification. most drink vendors

are rated for outdoor use while most snack vendors are not.

any reputable equipment dealer should be able to tell you if a unit is rated for outdoor usage.

The Royals are rated for outdoors and the Usi machines are indoor rated

John

I found Royal 376-8 machine(s) at the local used vending distributor, which would be a good size for the target account. It will vend the 16 oz water bottles as well, so fits my needs. It appears from the serial numbers that they were made in 1994 and 1996 (if i am reading the info correctly from the Royal manuals - H and J model years?). They seem pretty old to me, and i am concerned about the refrig unit making it a few more years? what would be a reasonable offer for one of these machines? What would be the replacement cost for the refrig unit?

Any thoughts or comments?

Archived