50 Cent Crane?

kcinnick

I am finding good deals on 50 cent cranes without bill validaters.  I can get 3-4 of these for the price of a single new/newer crane I can set at $1.  I would not keep them long term, but they would allow me to get a feel for servicing a crane route.  Should I go with a cheaper smaller Mix in these machines, or should I reduce the number of payouts or should I just stay away from them?

Thanks,

Nick

I found a guy that rebuilds boards for older cranes, mostly "big Choice" and "clean Sweeps".  He builds boards where I can take anywhere from .25 to $1.50.  I might pick up 3 or 4 of the older machines, and get the new boards.  I love the look of them much better than the new ones, and I know I have one location interested in one already that would be perfect for a "classic" crane. With buying new boards, I can get 3 cranes delivered for the price of one united delivered.  Then I can use those to buy my new united cranes (or probably couple years used united cranes). 

I have been looking for the best prices on plush, is Coastentertainment the cheapest?

Thanks,

Nick

I found a greyhound crane that takes up to $2 vends.  I have a question about transporting it, can I lay it down in the bed of a pick up truck, or do they need to stay upright?  It is about 65 miles away.

Thanks,

Nick

You can lay it down, but I suggest securing the bridge.  You could also take the bridge out if neccessary.  I would also secure the guts inside.  The old grey hound If memory serves me right will have everything attached to a wood board, just make sure its not able to get moved around while in transport. 

Zeke

I decided against that used crane.  I am still looking for a crane to test the waters, and I am undecided on what I am going to get.  Do you have any suggestions on where to find a decently priced crane?  Also, it is just as cheap for me to ship a crane straight from china as it is to ship one from new england, so the new england suppliers are pretty much out of reach.

I was also a little turned off by a member here, that emailed me their success with cranes was not very good, but I have not followed up with price points and what they are merchandising.

• 4 months later...