$25 locations?

rdendy

Would you use a locating service that only charges $25 per loc but they are as-is which means you only pay after your machine is in place but there are no refunds or reloc for poor performers?

Sounds like you have the right to refuse the location since you don't pay until the machine is installed.

So, it's not a bad deal for $25..IF THE LOCATOR IS BOTH HONEST AND HARD WORKING.

Guarantees against kick-outs and poor performing location are over-rated.

The guarantees are only as good as the locating company is willing to make them.

Sure some locators "guarantee" against kick-outs and poor performers, but so what?

There's a locator here who has made more than a couple of customers angry because said customers had to wait months and months for replacements that never came.

What good is a guarantee if the locator won't make good on the promise?

I'd rather have an honest and hard-working locator who offers no guarantees than a locator that offers "guarantees" but gives my order no attention unless I hound him and then responds to my hounding with lies...but that's just me and my opinion.

Yes...but like Sherlock said, ONLY if you have a right to refuse the location prior to installing the machine. If you're forced to pay $25 for any hole-in-the-wall loc they dig up that could get awful expensive. But as long as they put their best foot forward trying for quality as much as quantity 25 bucks is more than reasonable.

Yeah, I'd give this a shot if the locations were decent. If they weren't then I'd stop using them. I'd risk $25 on a location without a problem, as long as it isn't on of those "send us your credit card number" or something like that. I fully agree with Sherlock though, honesty beats guarantees any day of the week.

Give us their names and contact info and we can add them to the competition. If they are worth using, we will find out soon enough. That being said, LRU is only a few dollars more (Under $30 per location) and they guarantee the locations and keep them coming rapidly. If these people can keep the quality locations flowing, I would love to add them to my rotation and I am sure I'm not the only one. Please post the info and I will add them to round #2 of the competition ASAP

Give us their names and contact info and we can add them to the competition. If they are worth using, we will find out soon enough. That being said, LRU is only a few dollars more (Under $30 per location) and they guarantee the locations and keep them coming rapidly. If these people can keep the quality locations flowing, I would love to add them to my rotation and I am sure I'm not the only one. Please post the info and I will add them to round #2 of the competition ASAP

This is more a theoretical question ATM. I don't have a locator ready to roll but more figuring out whats acceptable and whats not.

This is more a theoretical question ATM. I don't have a locator ready to roll but more figuring out whats acceptable and whats not.

Rdendy, Would you be interested in dating this beautiful blonde who happens to have a candy machine fetish? Talk about getting my hopes up and crashing them to the ground ;) I was praying for another cheap locator to add into the mix.

Well I'm actually working on an idea. The king and a couple of others know I was working on a site for buying and selling vending stuff. The idea being giving us vendors more leverage in the marketplace. I ran into some logistical issues, why I haven't released it, but one of the ideas was for locators to be able to find locations anywhere and to sell them on the site as well. That idea has taken on a life of it's own and I am exploring some logistics and if it would be feasable. Why the theoretical question, I am trying to find if others would be interested in paying less money per loc but with less guaratees. I will keep you updated King.

Well I'm actually working on an idea. The king and a couple of others know I was working on a site for buying and selling vending stuff. The idea being giving us vendors more leverage in the marketplace. I ran into some logistical issues, why I haven't released it, but one of the ideas was for locators to be able to find locations anywhere and to sell them on the site as well. That idea has taken on a life of it's own and I am exploring some logistics and if it would be feasable. Why the theoretical question, I am trying to find if others would be interested in paying less money per loc but with less guaratees. I will keep you updated King.

WOAH! That's an amazing idea! Keep us posted- and if you need help, I'm in! I think that's the coolest thing I've heard all day!

I like your idea.

Just be sure to address the issue of "stale" locations.

Both locators and vendors know you must act quick on a "yes" when locating.

If a week or more goes by between the locator getting a "yes" and the vendor delivering the machines, locations often have had a change of heart by the time the machines show up.

Make sure to avoid having these stale locations on your site.

Locations sitting around on your site for more than a few days before someone buys them are a complaint waiting to happen.

You may have customers accusing you of selling false locations when, in truth, the locations weren't false...The locations had just grown "stale".

You don't have to reply if you have a solution for stale locations -- i know you may not want to give away all of your secrets before your launch.

I just bring up the subject of stale locations so that you can remember to address the issue before it becomes a possible problem (after the launch of your idea/website).

Rdendy, Would you be interested in dating this beautiful blonde who happens to have a candy machine fetish? Talk about getting my hopes up and crashing them to the ground ;) I was praying for another cheap locator to add into the mix.

I would like to meet this blonde also ;D

Archived