Is Coke pulling all 3rd party machines

Just got a call from a friend, he heard a rumor that Coke is pulling all 3rd party locations, supposely they have already pulled all the ones in San antonio, Texas

He has over 140 locations in Houstion and does over 100K in product cost to coke in Houston. He is in panic mode right now

Has anyone heard about this ??

Any truth to the rumor ?

I wonder. I called and had everything setup for 3rd party vending. The person I was talking to was going on vacation and he wanted to get with me to sign the contract when he got back. He even took my order for 4 machines and how I wanted them setup. That was about 3 weeks ago. I've called several times last week and this week and get nothing but voice mail with no return calls. I have been wondering what happened. He even took my sales tax number and my delivery location. Now nothing. I'm in Texas.

Not in San Antonio, at least not yet. Have not had any conversation with my rep about it and spoke with him last week.

That said, I've been seeing and talking about how it is getting harder and harder to business with them and ,IMO, the end of third party vending programs at some point. Might be next year or it might be ten years but but I think its coming.

thanks mission - I relayed the info to him - he seems to be better now :)

On my soda locations - I always bought my machines, that way I put put whatever product I wanted in them. But you do have to cost of the machine upfront on any new location and any and all repairs that may come about. Lucky the only "major" repairs I have had to make is replacing DBV's or coin mechs.

Had 1 where is was broken into and they took 80% of product and remove coin box and mech - but no real damage to machine other then replacing the mech.

thanks mission - I relayed the info to him - he seems to be better now :)

On my soda locations - I always bought my machines, that way I put put whatever product I wanted in them. But you do have to cost of the machine upfront on any new location and any and all repairs that may come about. Lucky the only "major" repairs I have had to make is replacing DBV's or coin mechs.

Had 1 where is was broken into and they took 80% of product and remove coin box and mech - but no real damage to machine other then replacing the mech.

That's my preference as well. It sucks when a machine gets vandalized but at least I'm not relying on them (the bottlers) for the survival of my business. Your friend needs to think seriously about starting to get his own machines, I do over 100K with my Coke bottler alone (bottles only)and have only 13 machines from them.

Still on to meet next week? PM or call if so.

Hello, To add a little information to the question about coke pulling there machines. I have been selling alot of bottle machines lately to new customers and i have been asking them if they are replacing a machine from coke and the answer is yes. The customers said they are getting a head start replacing there machines so when the time comes they dont want to lose there accounts. I leased coke machines in the 1980s and 1990s and there was also a period when they where calling in the machines for not purchasing enough soda when the customers where not making there monthly quota of purchases. All you can do is talk to your representive and keep getting a update. Have a great day and keep cool.

I just met with my rep 2 weeks ago and signed another agreement. Its impossible for Coke to pull all 3rd party machines. According to my rep they dont know where thousands of their machines are anyways hence why I must now submit a report annually of where all my machines are that are Coke owned. I am in Houston. But yeah I think your friend should have started weeding out Coke a long time ago. Its easy to take your operation over 100k using these leased machines they practically give them away to me but once they pull the plug you are in bad shape.. I only have used 8 leased machines and I sometimes cant sleep at night haha I dont know how your friend does it. The worst thing that has happened is Coke almost pulled my machines if I didnt meet with my rep in a certain time to resign an agreement. This year is actually better for me and is based on a small volume growth and not cases you must order which was a headache.

We have been told that in order to get any new machines, they have to do a feasibility study and justify to corporate the need for the machine. They are also now checking our volume to machine ratio. We have been working with our Rep to get their unwanted account turned over to us. That way we have machines that can just be moved as we find locations.

I have been concerned about relying on Coke for our machines. I am planning to start buying my own and preparing for the day when coke says that they want their machines back

Archived