DBA DBV dollar bill acceptor

will.vend

recently I have had some complaints that the dba on my toy taxi crane isnt working right, everytime I check it it works fine, it's only 5 months old. I have read (but cant find) a way to clean them, would someone please tell me how? and could it be anything else?

they sell cleaning strips at suzo happ or twistedquarter

but windex and paper towel do the same great job too

if its a toy taxi 10-1 its a pyramid bill acceptor

the bottom input tray can be removed by pressing the lever- button and the bottom reader area

it will slide apart on some pyramids you have to unplug the harness to slide out the bottom

clean the clear areas, inside and out.. there is top and bottom reader areas

clean the wheels with circular strokes and get all the dirt off the wheels

basically take a few minutes and clean it like new..

look inside the input area while its apart for anything stuck or jammed in there.

bill

check the belts for excess slack

i have had kids stick pennys, redemption tickets, purfume samples in all of my dollar bill acceptors and cause iternmittent problems

Agree cleaning cards from happ etc are great. Also, is this a new Toy taxi or older unit? Sometimes a failing power supply will first show up as an intermittant Bill Validator problem. While operating the crane put a bill in as you move the claw around, if the power supply is going bad the crane board will reset, indicated by the display counting down from 99 with the loss of the credits.

they sell cleaning strips at suzo happ or twistedquarter

but windex and paper towel do the same great job too

if its a toy taxi 10-1 its a pyramid bill acceptor

the bottom input tray can be removed by pressing the lever- button and the bottom reader area

it will slide apart on some pyramids you have to unplug the harness to slide out the bottom

clean the clear areas, inside and out.. there is top and bottom reader areas

clean the wheels with circular strokes and get all the dirt off the wheels

basically take a few minutes and clean it like new..

look inside the input area while its apart for anything stuck or jammed in there.

bill

check the belts for excess slack

i have had kids stick pennys, redemption tickets, purfume samples in all of my dollar bill acceptors and cause iternmittent problems

I just got back from the crane and here is what is really going on, the dba seems to be working ok, I cleaned the dba like you suggested billnuts thanks, but when you use quarters it wont work, it will accept the 1st quarter but not the second quarter. I cannot see anything jammed in the mech, I turned if off and then back on hoping it would reset it but no luck. I really appreciate your help. have you ever heard of this problem?

Agree cleaning cards from happ etc are great. Also, is this a new Toy taxi or older unit? Sometimes a failing power supply will first show up as an intermittant Bill Validator problem. While operating the crane put a bill in as you move the claw around, if the power supply is going bad the crane board will reset, indicated by the display counting down from 99 with the loss of the credits.

It's a new toy taxi musser I bought it in february

well those comparitor mechs are very flakey in my opinion i have replaced all of mine

with mechanical mechs and my acceptance problems went away completely.

Agreed, but I haven't replaced any with mechanical. I found more coin jams with the mechanical here. But I would "jiggle" the sample coin around a little or replace it with another coin. They are flakey lol. And it could be a bad mech.

Agreed, but I haven't replaced any with mechanical. I found more coin jams with the mechanical here. But I would "jiggle" the sample coin around a little or replace it with another coin. They are flakey lol. And it could be a bad mech.

where is the best place to buy a mech if I need to replace it?

i would suggest picking up one of these just in case

http://www.twistedqu...hd33lodnn8pkk13

it;s under warranty dogcow so all I hafta to pay is shipping, but here's something I dont agree on, they sent me an email asking me to agree that they can charge my cc 65.00 until I return the old mech. Im gonna call tomorrow and question that, seems kinda cheesy to me.

it;s under warranty dogcow so all I hafta to pay is shipping, but here's something I dont agree on, they sent me an email asking me to agree that they can charge my cc 65.00 until I return the old mech. Im gonna call tomorrow and question that, seems kinda cheesy to me.

Do you have to pay freight for the new one and then pay to send the old one back? If that's the case I would did a little deeper. I have been to their place a few times and bought from them and they all seem really nice you may be able to talk to the right person and get better service. The one time I ever had to have a company replace a part on a machine they sent it over night at no cost to me and I never had to send the old one back.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

yeah i went thru this with betson a few times they keep replacing the mech (no shipping they are local) but it keeps breaking down

causing service issues with the acct. i mean is it really worth it it go over there and jiggle the coin every week when it stops accepting?

also $65?! those mechs are $20-30 they should send u an RMA , ive never dealt with this company but most places i have dealt with send a prepaid UPS postage sticker with the replacement part as part of the rma process

Archived