Vendstar Keys?

jpvending

I am just getting started. I purchased 10 Vendstar 3000's that were new in box. They were purchased from Craigslist. Anyways, long story short the machines were in the boxes (which had been opened but the machines look brand new and are fit into the box as if they are new. He told me all the hardware (keys/locks) were in an envelope. Well, I just got around to looking at the envelope last night and there are no keys at all. I don't know if there ever were keys.

If you buy machines new do they usually come with locks or do they assume you are going to have them rekeyed? Should I contact the guy who sold them to me? If he doesn't have the keys, how do I go about getting a key(s) and can I get it so one key will fit all of them? Well, I guess really two keys...one a typical key and the other the 'rounded headed' type.

Thanks!

I personally re keyed mine Vendstar had 2 keys they used for the top and around 10 that they used for the money door. I got mine from a *** on ebay for 20 bucks a set. If you have a locksmith you used he can probably re key the locks for you but depending on the locksmith it will be 5-10 a cylinder to do. Here is the link on Ebay to the auction. http://www.ebay.com/itm/VENDSTAR-3000-COMPLETE-LOCK-SET-TOP-BOTTOM-W-KEYS-/190629732976?pt=BI_Vending&hash=item2c626ae270

If you just need 10 sets I can probably help you. I just bought 65 vendstars, I am in the process of chaning out all of the locks to match my keys so I don't have to fiddle with more keys. When I am done I am 99% certian that I will have more then 10 sets keyed the same from the old locks I am taking off. All of the locks work fine and are in good contition I am just replacing them to match the other machines on my route. I will be glad to sell the locks I am taking off for $10 a set plus shipping. Let me know if you are interested and how many sets you want.

I too have about 15 sets of 2 top locks w keys and rear circle key they are spring loaded love em brand new I paid like 25 a set Lmk.if u want some

Archived