Wanna Be Newbie in Texas

karace11

Hello All,

I've been wanted to get into the vending business and have been doing research for it since February. I found this site a day or so ago, and I've enjoyed going through the forums. I'm still looking for a comprehensive thread for truly starting - like regulations, registering a company/business, or insurance guidance. I'm sure I'll find useful information that pertains to everything I need to know on these forums.

I keep feeling like - I don't know what I don't know.

I'm looking to start by purchasing an established route- most likely bulk candy vending. I want to test the waters and grow a business slowly.

I might have an opportunity to take a loan out to start from a family member, but I would hate to start and not be able to pay back. I've been watching Craig's List for months now looking for a potential route and have let many pass me by. Either I didn't have the funds to purchase or I'm too afraid to get scammed. So I ask to please bare with me as I learn the ropes and poke around.

Hello All,

I've been wanted to get into the vending business and have been doing research for it since February. I found this site a day or so ago, and I've enjoyed going through the forums. I'm still looking for a comprehensive thread for truly starting - like regulations, registering a company/business, or insurance guidance. I'm sure I'll find useful information that pertains to everything I need to know on these forums.

I'm looking to start by purchasing an established route- most likely bulk candy vending. I want to test the waters and grow a business slowly.

I might have an opportunity to take a loan out to start from a family member, but I would hate to start and not be able to pay back. I've been watching Craig's List for months now looking for a potential route and have let many pass me by. Either I didn't have the funds to purchase or I'm too afraid to get scammed. So I ask to please bare with me as I learn the ropes and poke around.

I would advise not taking a loan from a family member. Thanksgiving dinner gets awful uncomfortable when you have to sit next to your banker :-[

Hello All,

Where in Texas you from ?

As far as everything you need to start.

1. go down to the local country courthouse and file your DBA
  2. Contact the Texas Comptroller and file for your state sales tax http://www.window.state.tx.us/taxpermit/
  3. Contact your insurance company and get your limited libability insurance - runs around 15.00 a month for a 1 million dollar policy.
  4. Purchase your equpment and get them placed.

hope that helps

Where in Texas you from ?

As far as everything you need to start.

1. go down to the local country courthouse and file your DBA
  2. Contact the Texas Comptroller and file for your state sales tax http://www.window.st...x.us/taxpermit/
  3. Contact your insurance company and get your limited libability insurance - runs around 15.00 a month for a 1 million dollar policy.
  4. Purchase your equpment and get them placed.

hope that helps

I'm in DFW region. Thank you for your list of starting places and things to make sure I have in place before I purchase a route. That is a lot of help for me!

I'm in DFW region. Thank you for your list of starting places and things to make sure I have in place before I purchase a route. That is a lot of help for me!

Not a problem,

there have been some good deals on CL in that area, but I have a contact for someone in that area that has some machines available.

Archived