Applied for work with a Vendor today

lowcountry Dan

Hi everyone,

I mentioned some time back that I was interested in working for a vendor part time. I used to work for a guy who has cigarette machines and that was OK, until the work dried up. I thought, why not try someone else? I interviewed with a vendor today and it was strange. It went from part time work to possible full time work. I can't commit to that while I am trying to build my business. I need the work, but I don't think I am going to be what they want.

They sell drinks and snacks. I saw one of their machines on my route today and it had 17 empty slots on their snack machine. The whole experience just makes me want to buckle down and do better. My goal is to work for myself. I don't want to be hired part time and be pressured to go full time. It might be different if the pay was good. Anyway, I am always looking and always learning.

lowcountry Dan

Hi everyone,

I mentioned some time back that I was interested in working for a vendor part time. I used to work for a guy who has cigarette machines and that was OK, until the work dried up. I thought, why not try someone else? I interviewed with a vendor today and it was strange. It went from part time work to possible full time work. I can't commit to that while I am trying to build my business. I need the work, but I don't think I am going to be what they want.

They sell drinks and snacks. I saw one of their machines on my route today and it had 17 empty slots on their snack machine. The whole experience just makes me want to buckle down and do better. My goal is to work for myself. I don't want to be hired part time and be pressured to go full time. It might be different if the pay was good. Anyway, I am always looking and always learning.

lowcountry Dan

Man I see that as a dilemma, not the take the job or not but if this guy has machines sitting empty, he's obviously giving really crappy service, so do you take his locations that you now know he's not taking care of or do you do the moral thing and leave them be because you found them through the job interview....

You could take this job and run the route like you want to run your company and see what happens with it. I don't know what you have out for equipment but Doing the job is the best experience for any business you want to get into. Help you learn some of the in and outs quicker. What you would do to improve things and how to deal with problems when they arrive.

Archived