Thoughts on Location Placements

jpvending

I have three questions/thoughts on machine placement:

1) Is it worth it to place a machine in a location where it may do really well but only one day a week? My boyfriend works in construction. On payday the office is a happening place with big burly construction dudes who probably wouldn't mind a handful or two of candy to sweeten their paycheck. But most the rest of the week there is minimal office staff there because the workers are out working on location.

2) Do you feel guilty (should I feel guilty) if I misplace someone else's machine. A friend of mine owns a restaurant and she's had a vendor there for probably over ten years. They do come and fill the candy but they never clean the machine. My guess is that I could talk her into letting me place a machine there - but it'd mean displacing someone else (probably not enough business for both of us).

3) Have any of you placed bulk machines in a school (teacher's lounge)? They have passed laws that vending for the students needs to be healthy but there is a soda machine in the lounge area so I assume it doesn't apply to teachers. Was considering approaching schools about placing one with the 'sell' of donating the commission amount to the PTO.

Haven't placed any machines yet...but working on a list of places I want to approach for placement. So I appreciate your comments.

Jane

1. Office Yea if they will let you just depends on how much you can sell. As long as you make enough to make it worth your while.

2. IF you Take care of your machine make it look nice. No business wants something trashy looking at there place of business. take yours all cleaned and shined up and show them what it looks like. Then Keep it that way. Give a handful of candy to them now and them. Hey 10-20 cents out of your pocket and keeps them happy. Helps to secure the location. People will go to the nice looking machine over the dirty one any day of the week.

3. I work in a school and we do have a bulk machine in there for the teachers. Offer to do a 10 percent to the PTO or some other school group of that school sounds like a great Idea.

1. Office Yea if they will let you just depends on how much you can sell. As long as you make enough to make it worth your while.

2. IF you Take care of your machine make it look nice. No business wants something trashy looking at there place of business. take yours all cleaned and shined up and show them what it looks like. Then Keep it that way. Give a handful of candy to them now and them. Hey 10-20 cents out of your pocket and keeps them happy. Helps to secure the location. People will go to the nice looking machine over the dirty one any day of the week.

3. I work in a school and we do have a bulk machine in there for the teachers. Offer to do a 10 percent to the PTO or some other school group of that school sounds like a great Idea.

How's your machine in the teachers lounge do? I've got the chance to put one in an elementary school teacher's lounge but am waiting until school starts.

I would say that an telemetry school would do better then the High School. Most high schools have dept areas that the teachers hang out in. In the grade school they just have the classroom or the teachers lounge.

Mexican laundry matts, But not Mexican stores. I make atleast $30 off each laundry location and have over 5.

Also sweepstakes places do very well as well (gum sells b/c its a nervous place)

Archived