Yellow globe fix?

PerformaVending

I was talking to a friend about the decline of this used PN95 I have- the globe has started to yellow, alas. However, he said that theres a quick yet "crazy" fix for this sort of thing, and linked me to THIS blog. He said he uses it on old gaming controller cases, and says it works fine. I'm skeptical to say the least- is there any truth to this?

Thanks for all the help guys!

I never tried this on a globe but it might work...this method does work on yellowed foggy car headlamps...anyway what you do is get 600 grit sandpaper (wet/dry sandpaper is best) and sand wet real good, after you have sanded you then spray with clear paint. The car headlamps will look like new, but like I said I have never tried it on a globe. I learned this from an auto body repair man, I had my car repainted and I asked him what he could do about my foggy headlamps and he showed me what he would do, I went home and tried it on my van headlamps and I was amazed. before I sprayed the clear paint on them I thought they were ruined because the sanding made them look completely white, but then I applied the clear paint and voila I had new headlamps. If you try this on a globe let me know how it turns out.

Prolly gumball or candy wheels, but maybe some capsule wheels, or some 2 for 1 wheels. You know some yellow ones.

I got confused because we were talking about yellow globes that are suppose to be clear! you hillbillies! :-*

I never tried this on a globe but it might work...this method does work on yellowed foggy car headlamps...anyway what you do is get 600 grit sandpaper (wet/dry sandpaper is best) and sand wet real good, after you have sanded you then spray with clear paint. The car headlamps will look like new, but like I said I have never tried it on a globe. I learned this from an auto body repair man, I had my car repainted and I asked him what he could do about my foggy headlamps and he showed me what he would do, I went home and tried it on my van headlamps and I was amazed. before I sprayed the clear paint on them I thought they were ruined because the sanding made them look completely white, but then I applied the clear paint and voila I had new headlamps. If you try this on a globe let me know how it turns out.

i dont know i tried this on some plexi i had in a crane game that had been badly scratched

i used a kit from macguires for headlights it did not work very well it made it worse. the grain was

not fine enough to see through, it works good on headlights but not something you have to look thru

what i found eventually that works decent is novus 1,2,3

it may not make it 100% like new but it will look decent enough i used it on an arcade game

plexi that was scratched and fogged so u couldnt see the display and it cleared it up great

hello im unsure of how it works on globes but the 3m headlight drill kit they sell at autozone is all i use and i detail cars professionally.

check out my websight for pics on how good this product does on headlights www.ncstevesmobiledetailing.com

Archived