First northwestern, can figure out what goes where.

MikeFeldman

This is my first northwestern, I was very foolish in how I took it apart I was unscrewing the inside and everything came apart, I can't remember what goes where, I should have taken a picture, can anyone help? maybe send me a picture if you have the same one, thanks. Mike F.

post-4156-0-51856600-1342208724_thumb.jpg

post-4156-0-44313300-1342208756_thumb.jpg

So, just the brush assembly? That's not too hard I don't think. Send Northwestern an email, and ask for the machine schematic- they sent me one for my triple play when I needed one. Another option is to check the A&A Parts list, which is available for download at A&A's website HERE. The explosion diagram for the 2001 machine (which is a copy of the Model 80) might help you.

If I can get a picture of one of mine, I'll post it.

Good luck Mr. Feldman!

The 83's are basically a one peice model 80. They look very similiar, but they have a one piece body with a single panel plexi glass front.

The strong box was over the top indestuctable. They don't make them anymore and most of them were sold in Canada to a larger outfit.

Either way, here's the AA diagram which internally should look almost the same.

http://www.aaglobal....ent/page24.html

I've got an model 80 where the it has metal pieces instead of plexiglass on three sides. I always assumed it was just a design choice. The panels can be easily removed. Very interesting Jeremiah, thanks for the information!

I've got an model 80 where the it has metal pieces instead of plexiglass on three sides. I always assumed it was just a design choice. The panels can be easily removed. Very interesting Jeremiah, thanks for the information!

You can opt for solid panels on a standard 80. Sounds like that's what you have. You can remove each panel and swap it (solid or clear). The 83 is a solid one piece design. The only panel is the clear front. The rest is actually part of the body. The 83 is an older model.

You can opt for solid panels on a standard 80. Sounds like that's what you have. You can remove each panel and swap it (solid or clear). The 83 is a solid one piece design. The only panel is the clear front. The rest is actually part of the body. The 83 is an older model.

Very interesting. I don't see too many Northwestern Machines other than mine- I'm in an area infested with those old "Folz" machines with the model 60 mechs (I forgot what model that was) and Victor 77's.

Thanks Jeremiah!

this one has a full metal body and and just one plexiglass panel on the front

I dont think it is a strong box the full metal body is all one piece and the machine you have is metal panels that can slide in or out. It does not matter the springs and the metal cover go over the chute hole and the screw fasten it in. I have several strong boxes and they are good machines.

I dont think it is a strong box the full metal body is all one piece and the machine you have is metal panels that can slide in or out. It does not matter the springs and the metal cover go over the chute hole and the screw fasten it in. I have several strong boxes and they are good machines.

Are they really as tough as they say they are? I thought about buying some a while back, but never did.

Are they really as tough as they say they are? I thought about buying some a while back, but never did.

Yes they are strong but a thief is a thief and as the old saying goes a safe is only as good as the lock thats on it. So the thief then would probably just steal the whole machine. I dont think they sold very well because they were expensive and you can add cab backs like a regular super 80 and most operators have understand that the whole machine will get stolen.

Yes they are strong but a thief is a thief and as the old saying goes a safe is only as good as the lock thats on it. So the thief then would probably just steal the whole machine. I dont think they sold very well because they were expensive and you can add cab backs like a regular super 80 and most operators have understand that the whole machine will get stolen.

I was considering them for the vandal-prone areas. But, the mechs aren't anymore sand-proof than the regular 80 mechs so I passed.

Archived