I only made a bout 10 bucks selling out PMM's in my Oak

JLM Vending

I just went to the bowling alley. The machine was empty. But it only had 36.25 in it. Now I did put the setting at a 9 or 10 piece vend. So I put in about $22 worth of PMM and so my profit after that is very low, and then I have charity costs too. But then again, 5 or 6 PMM isn't that good either.

So my question to you, is skittles a better go 2 choice than PMM? They might not sell as well, but are considerably cheaper. See, the thing is I haven't been doing a good job with my accounting in this business, I am guilty of that. But now that I have been in it for some time, I have to make smarter choices. And this 9 piece PMM strategy is not going to take me anywhere. But I gave the bowling alley a choice. They chose PMM. Since, a lot of places might not want Gumball, is skittles a better option than PMM? Would you consider them cheaper to buy per vend? The PMM are so darn expensive. They used to be only 7.50 for me, and now they are 10 bucks. I just can't get believe it.

I will give you a good rule of thumb on Peanut MM's they are just under .1 of an oz. if you vend 7 then your vending .6-.7 of an oz. I get mine for just under 9 bucks .16 an oz so I try to keep the vend at .6 on them. which give usally 7 At my COGS at .16x0.06=.096 Just under 10 cents a vend and you can still make an ok profit on it. 7x3 = 21 Most packs of MMP have 19-20 In them so your still giving a fair amount cheaper then buying a 1.00 bag of candy. If any complains after you tighten up the machine a little bit. Just maker sure you have something Like a M&I, Hot Tamales or even Gumballs you can use a Filled or sour cost is a little higher but sales of them are usually better. That will help drop your overall COGS and help balance out your profit with the Higher price of the MMP

Vend size is important. You never want to give money away. Don't be stingy either. On a couple of my accounts Hair saloon Ins Real Estate office I have the machine set a little looser. People in the office use it. My Check Cashing places I run a little tighter Because you have all kinds of people coming in and out. So less likely to deal a fit over a mm or two.

I bought a couple machines and wonder how the guy made any money with it. The Candy wheels were wide open. I got one Adjusted for MM Skittles now. Going to set the other side for M&I or hot tamales.

How long of a service cycle? If you're selling PMM at three times the rate you'd do with Skittles maybe this is as good as it gets. I wouldn't switch something that's selling out, just find a way to do it cheaper (as noted in previous responses). Or switch to a double if possible.

How long of a service cycle? If you're selling PMM at three times the rate you'd do with Skittles maybe this is as good as it gets. I wouldn't switch something that's selling out, just find a way to do it cheaper (as noted in previous responses). Or switch to a double if possible.

True. I used to think PMM was everything. But it's just the cost. To be honest, i think it sold out in a week, but i never came till they called and put in the office so nobody would steal it. As far as a double, the only reason Im able to get all these hot spots from my locator is the small size of my machine. There is no room for doubles.

True. I used to think PMM was everything. But it's just the cost. To be honest, i think it sold out in a week, but i never came till they called and put in the office so nobody would steal it. As far as a double, the only reason Im able to get all these hot spots from my locator is the small size of my machine. There is no room for doubles.

If it's selling out in a week you're netting $57/month after COG! Not sure what the problem is here. Take it down to 8-9/vend this month, 7-8/vend next month and enjoy. :)

at 9 or 10 per vend you should be at a 50% COG

I did this test a couple times and netted about $18 to $19 after selling a full bag.

When I took over my route the guy had some locs set at that amount and if I change it people will get pissed.

IMO even at 50% COG i make up for it in volume!

you can also let the other candy in the machine bring down the COG for the location itself.

If its a single head and it sells that fast fill it up more and increase your service cycle time.

I have found if its selling that good you will lose sales if you remove that candy or reduce its amount.

I just went to the bowling alley. The machine was empty. But it only had 36.25 in it. Now I did put the setting at a 9 or 10 piece vend. So I put in about $22 worth of PMM and so my profit after that is very low, and then I have charity costs too. But then again, 5 or 6 PMM isn't that good either.

So my question to you, is skittles a better go 2 choice than PMM? They might not sell as well, but are considerably cheaper. See, the thing is I haven't been doing a good job with my accounting in this business, I am guilty of that. But now that I have been in it for some time, I have to make smarter choices. And this 9 piece PMM strategy is not going to take me anywhere. But I gave the bowling alley a choice. They chose PMM. Since, a lot of places might not want Gumball, is skittles a better option than PMM? Would you consider them cheaper to buy per vend? The PMM are so darn expensive. They used to be only 7.50 for me, and now they are 10 bucks. I just can't get believe it.

We vend 4-6 and people complain but they still buy them all the same. i would stop selling mmp if I have to vend 9-10 at 8.88 a bag. Spree is 50 less and cost the same .25 to the customer

• 2 weeks later...

I will give you a good rule of thumb on Peanut MM's they are just under .1 of an oz. if you vend 7 then your vending .6-.7 of an oz. I get mine for just under 9 bucks .16 an oz so I try to keep the vend at .6 on them. which give usally 7 At my COGS at .16x0.06=.096 Just under 10 cents a vend and you can still make an ok profit on it. 7x3 = 21 Most packs of MMP have 19-20 In them so your still giving a fair amount cheaper then buying a 1.00 bag of candy. If any complains after you tighten up the machine a little bit. Just maker sure you have something Like a M&I, Hot Tamales or even Gumballs you can use a Filled or sour cost is a little higher but sales of them are usually better. That will help drop your overall COGS and help balance out your profit with the Higher price of the MMP

Vend size is important. You never want to give money away. Don't be stingy either. On a couple of my accounts Hair saloon Ins Real Estate office I have the machine set a little looser. People in the office use it. My Check Cashing places I run a little tighter Because you have all kinds of people coming in and out. So less likely to deal a fit over a mm or two.

I bought a couple machines and wonder how the guy made any money with it. The Candy wheels were wide open. I got one Adjusted for MM Skittles now. Going to set the other side for M&I or hot tamales.

Very good. How would this math work with MMs? How many pieces and ounces should be given out?

Thanks.

Archived