Is this a GOOD deal or am i getting ripped off..

this woman is selling this vending machine for 1500 i had her drop the price to 1200.. you guys think this is a good deal

the vending machine looks tiny to me for 1200 bucks i was thinking more like 950? WOULD YOU BUY THIS MACHINE FOR 1200

let me know your thought thanks

post-4710-0-43467600-1342451747_thumb.jpg

post-4710-0-74426400-1342451760_thumb.jpg

Because the capital risk is lower if you don't succeed right away. Trying to get a $50 machine to pay for itself is less risky than trying to get a $1200 machine to pay for itself. Plus, the logistics are much simpler. You throw a bulk machine in your car's trunk and haul it wherever you need to, moving a big machine like that requires special equipment. Additionally, you're only merchandising at most a few products with a bulk machine, with a full line machine you could have 40 different products to stock and try to sell before they expire.

sounds understandable, my next question is theirs a couple of schools here where they got rid of your reagular vending machines due to the high sugar in candies etc... well i was thinking maybe going to one of the schools and maybe asking them if i could place a machine in with HEALTHY snacks, snacks that are nutritious and great tasting and also good for the kids?

sounds understandable, my next question is theirs a couple of schools here where they got rid of your reagular vending machines due to the high sugar in candies etc... well i was thinking maybe going to one of the schools and maybe asking them if i could place a machine in with HEALTHY snacks, snacks that are nutritious and great tasting and also good for the kids?

The schools here would typically throw away 3/4 of that healthy stuff because the kids don't want it. You can lead them to healthy foods, but they still want Cheetos. Many districts got rid of the machines because a core element of many healthy foods are nuts, and with nut allergies on the rise, it's hard to get anyone on board for nuts. I agree with Ada, staring with a couple bulk machines is a good start, or if you want to go into snacks, try honor boxes. The upfront cost on boxes is even lower, and the profits can be better depending on what you have and where you place them.

Good luck Jmarz!

Please understand that a machine that small is almost a guaranteed money looser.

Les say you have 9 chip selections 5 deep at .50, 6 candies 8 deep at .65 3 pastries 4 deep at 1.00.

If you sold every item the gross total is 65.70.

If your product cost is 50% leave you with 32.50.

If your time is worth $15.00 an hour and it takes 2 hours and a gallon of gas to buy the product and fill it.

You’re in the hole before pay for the machine, make a repair, and pay taxes and vending license.

But you will never gross that much as the location will be on the phone as soon as the first selection is empty, if the product does not go out of date first.

Walta

Is skip. At that price. At 500 I'd probably try 400. If u get a good location ud be going every two days. Now what walta states is true. However my prices are way higher. The chips I sell at 1.00 pastries 1.25 chocolates 1.00 there is many products that u can make way more profit

walta is dead on a 19 select is really useless unless you need a 2nd machine

for a big location. you could maybe make it work in somewhere like a small hotel

with high prices and no commission but you have to have enough experience to know

the exact right place for it. Also 1500 is way too high

i have a 23 select in a hotel with very high prices, no commission i tihnk its about

the smallest machine you can really make money with. it also has ivend so its really

no hassle at all. a good money maker but it took a lot of experience and guidance from

this forum to understand where to make that machine work, the guy i bought it off was

losing money

Archived