Energy saving drink machines

Ruskie

I have a customer who wants energy saving drink machines installed. Currently I have three 720 Vendos that the owner wants replaced. My question is are the newer machines that much more cost effective. Which ones would you recommend? All of these locations are outside partially protected from rain by an over hang.

I have a customer who wants energy saving drink machines installed. Currently I have three 720 Vendos that the owner wants replaced. My question is are the newer machines that much more cost effective. Which ones would you recommend? All of these locations are outside partially protected from rain by an over hang.

I'm guessing that he is asking for energy star rated machines. Don't know how old your current machines are but the energy savings with a energy star rated machine vs a older machine could be 20-40%. As I understand it, the energy calculations are based on the machines being in a controlled environment and are primarily achieved by better insulation, motion activated lighting and electronics. With the machines being outdoors I wouldn't think that the energy savings would achieve that level. You also have the problem with dust and dirt buildup quickly robbing the machine of efficiency. IMO, unless you have a very aggressive cleaning schedule you would quickly lose the additional benefit.

My question is do you know what sparked this request? Is he being solicited by another vendor?

Some of the Dixie Bev maxes have the turn off the light built in and you can’t turn it off.

The lights go off and stay off tell someone presses a selection button.

Who is going to push a button on a machine with no light?

What do you know new machine sales down 25 %.

Walta

take a look at the vending miser maybe a decent compromise ive seen it at a local

private college seems to work well, very responsive

http://www.usatech.com/energy_management/energy_vm.php

they say 150 machine annually, to me thats not really a lot of money

but in some cases like the college the place is deserted during the summer

and winter holiday so it probably makes a good deal of sense. i agree with mission

what prompted them to ask? vending machines generally dont use much electricity.

Archived