Break Rooms Not as Consistent?!

JLM Vending

Apparently not. I used to argue that they were. I have a u turn in an employee area, about 75 people. It's at a major clothes store in a mall. It used to do about 50 bucks a month, and the last 3 months it's only been doing about 5 bucks a month. This doesn't happen in restaurants though. Restaurants don't fluctuate like this. It's a bit discouraging, but I guess this is just the reality of vending. You can't be hot forever. Plus I had to pick up a machine today, so not the best of days. As a matter of fact, come to think about it, all my employee machines have slowed. Could it be summer? Or is just that break rooms are like that? I have been through this before and had a slow summer last year, but I just don't see how summer can affect it, time went by so fast I can't even tell.

The economy is a factor- not as many stores are hiring to replace as they used to. The store I work at will only have 3 people on staff at any given time, and that includes the manager. If people's hours get reduced, they aren't in there as often. One thing they do is break up large shifts to keep breaks and paid lunches down- so you have fewer people working the long haul, and then you have fewer hungry workers who will spare a quarter. This is of course only my theory.

Usually things pick up in the fall, and that's just around the corner. Good luck JLM!

The economy is a factor- not as many stores are hiring to replace as they used to. The store I work at will only have 3 people on staff at any given time, and that includes the manager. If people's hours get reduced, they aren't in there as often. One thing they do is break up large shifts to keep breaks and paid lunches down- so you have fewer people working the long haul, and then you have fewer hungry workers who will spare a quarter. This is of course only my theory.

Usually things pick up in the fall, and that's just around the corner. Good luck JLM!

thanks. but my machine used to do good there, not long ago.

my minimal experience with break rooms , they havent treated me well . i have a triple that started in a break room , and the manager " moved it to the floor so it gets more use " . what a nice guy ,my sales tripled ( from 15-20 a month to so far a high of 55 a month ) . not knocking break rooms , but if it has the chance to be in front of customers and employees , mine do better .

In summer malls aren't as busy People out Golfing, fishing, Grilling out, kicking with friends, vactions and just doing outdoor kind of things. They adjust there help for that. You have Back to school shopping that will start 1st part of August and carry into September. They will start to add staff to cover the added volume. Then November Christmas shopping starts and then they will be overflowing with help for the season.

In summer malls aren't as busy People out Golfing, fishing, Grilling out, kicking with friends, vactions and just doing outdoor kind of things. They adjust there help for that. You have Back to school shopping that will start 1st part of August and carry into September. They will start to add staff to cover the added volume. Then November Christmas shopping starts and then they will be overflowing with help for the season.

for employees?

Let's not forget summer is "bikini season" a lot more male and females are watching their weight through spring and summer, meaning they cut out little things like that handful of candy. Just considering it as a possibility.

Archived