So, i was walking around the other day...

Lollerskates Lols

First place was an Asian restaurant. The lady was nice, and said that i could put a machine in there if i could find a spot. Obviously there wasn't any spots. They do have this rack though....This empty, empty, empty rack. It has "Pac-West Vending" on the side. Ideas on how much to offer the person if the number works? The Asian lady said that she tried calling him a lot of times to fill up the bouncy ball one. He either never got back with her or didn't answer. (There's one ball left)

++Another spot in a different store was a SSF (Or one that looks like it) with a wooden stand. It probably had <15 MMs/skittles on each side. Should i even bother to offer to buy that machine/spot from the person, or should i just try and put one in there?

post-4341-0-90570000-1342608981_thumb.jpg

I would just put one in there, put his in the back room.. Then after the location is secure and your the person in charge ,you can offer to buy his machine at storage unit pricing.

but...If he still has the location he could fill it up and another year might go by before he slips again..

I know as i have been that person because it was far far away and i was too busy to get there and it just got forgotten...But I'm a smooth talker and the location likes me, even if i am screwing up in this instance, and i would fill it up, let the owners kids go through a bag of stuffed animals or whatever. and the loyalty they have to me I would get to keep the location.

Using myself as a example is not necessarily what would happen to you, but if you have the location now the store has a loyalty to you. It would be hard for me to apologize and BS them into putting my rack back out front once it makes it to the back room. And if the only reason I knew it was in the back room is I had gotten a call from local vendor wanting to buy it then i would probably have no ill will towards the new vendor. Because i would know it was my fault .

Don't call the guy giving him a heads up,, They said they called him but they probably didn't ..He's slipping so go ahead and push him over. He would do the same to you! There are only so many locations out there and this is the 9th inning and all the big boys have had their swing. The only way to get new locations these days since the market is so saturated is either have a niche,wait for news stores to open or management to change, or by taking or sharing locations that are already there.. All according to you and how fast you want to grow or improve...and if i had a rack in some c-store or other slow stop and there was a china buffet i could take over i would jump at it.

Im not ruthless or bad, I'm just telling it like it is from experience

ron

Thanks for all of the insight guys. The only thing is, i don't think that place has any room to store it. The lady said that it's been there "before we were here"... She seemed like she didn't want to move them out or deal with it. (Ie: she kind of said it's up to me.) The first thing that she said to me when i first walked in the second time was "Did you fix your problem?" (Finding a spot in there.) From my conversations with her it seems like I have two choices. 1:Some how get him out/deal with him on my own. 2:Find a spot in their restaurant to place my own machines. #2 Is out of the question, he has the only spot in the place. I guess his spot was, at one point in time, right next to the door/in a closet. The owner moved his machine more inside/next to the bathroom and replaced his original spot with a huge fish tank. I believe the lady that I've been dealing with is the owners wife. Before I left She told me good luck. Ha.

Archived