Printed vs. live display

shepherdsflock

I quit using live displays in order to cut back on costs and to free up more space for product in my machines.

Live displays I purchased before going to flat/printed displays are still a part of my route so I get to compare the performance of "live vs printed" on a regular basis.

I have not seen a difference in sales for better or worse.

Therefore, I don't plan to start purchasing live displays again any time soon.

there is a need for live displays imo.

here are some examples...

1 inch acyrlic rings need a live display because the rings have so much color and it allows kids to point out which one they want, I have sold several rings this way because they keep trying until they get the one their after.

http://cardinaldist....tem.php?id=709

1 inch fools gold is another one that I feel a live display is important

http://cardinaldist....tem.php?id=789

1 inch cubes n cuffs is important for a live display because there is a variety of choices to pick from

http://cardinaldist....tem.php?id=675

How would a kid get the full impact of icky sticky mix if it's just a copy of the mix?

http://cardinaldist....tem.php?id=693

here are some that I dont use a live display but a flat display for...

moustache mix

fun time mix

bouncy balls

I feel it is extremely important to use live displays, after all this is the window into whats in the capsules you are selling.

I use both a&a and cardinal for my supplies, I copied and pasted cardinal's pages because a&a has a copyright filter.

It's to bad this topic was not made into a poll I would be interested to see the results.

Well since we're on the topic of displays I have a question. I'm looking at the links from cardinal that will put up, and it show that you can purchase the flat cards for around $2 or so but nothing for live displays. Are live displays something you can purchase or is it something that the vendor has to create? I know nothing about toys so I thought I would ask.

Well since we're on the topic of displays I have a question. I'm looking at the links from cardinal that will put up, and it show that you can purchase the flat cards for around $2 or so but nothing for live displays. Are live displays something you can purchase or is it something that the vendor has to create? I know nothing about toys so I thought I would ask.

A&A, cardinal and all other bulk vending suppliers offer both live and flat displays

live displays cost on average of $3.50 and flat displays vary in price from .50 to $2.00

A&A, cardinal and all other bulk vending suppliers offer both live and flat displays

live displays cost on average of $3.50 and flat displays vary in price from .50 to $2.00

Thank you Will. That doesn't seem like much money to help sell your product, it may add up if you have alot of machines but still seems worth it... To what Sherlock said about it not helping with live displays, I have a 4 year old daughter and I cant how many times she's past up a vending machine just because there wasn't actuall product displayed on the front. It helps her get excited about what's in there and the possible choices about what's about to vend. Seems like if it's just a picture on front she doesn't get that excited.... When I start vending toys ( hopefully soon ) I'm going to use everything I've learned by watching my daughter and her vending excitement. There's a lot to learn from a 4 year old I think.

I use live displays currently, but you guys are right- the cost is significant for the mediocre amount of impact. For my future machines I'm rolling with more flat displays if I can help it. Some things (like the Yo Yo Balls) just don't warrant it.

I just bought a some live displays from cardinal and they were $2.50 for lock stock and barrel and acrylic rings and some others I bought which I find is a good deal and I agree with you that they do improve sales.

I just bought a some live displays from cardinal and they were $2.50 for lock stock and barrel and acrylic rings and some others I bought which I find is a good deal and I agree with you that they do improve sales.

yes, I wasnt thinking clear, 3.50 for 2 inch live displays and 2.50 for 1 inch live displays

Thank you Will. That doesn't seem like much money to help sell your product, it may add up if you have alot of machines but still seems worth it... To what Sherlock said about it not helping with live displays, I have a 4 year old daughter and I cant how many times she's past up a vending machine just because there wasn't actuall product displayed on the front. It helps her get excited about what's in there and the possible choices about what's about to vend. Seems like if it's just a picture on front she doesn't get that excited.... When I start vending toys ( hopefully soon ) I'm going to use everything I've learned by watching my daughter and her vending excitement. There's a lot to learn from a 4 year old I think.

you have a valuable resource with your daughter helping you pick what sells good...

yes, I wasnt thinking clear, 3.50 for 2 inch live displays and 2.50 for 1 inch live displays

you have a valuable resource with your daughter helping you pick what sells good...

Your right, I've sat her down with me when I've gone thru A&A and cardinals web site and she's pointed out what she likes and doesn't. Same way with toys already in other peoples machine... I just bought a 2" oak and when it comes time to buy product guess who's helping me pick the merchandise.

One other consideration is that the newer style live displays with the clear box cover means that some of the items are not hot glued to the display...and it is easy to cap em up and sell them when nearing the end of the run...which will pay for the next batch of live displays...

there is a need for live displays imo.

here are some examples...

1 inch acyrlic rings need a live display because the rings have so much color and it allows kids to point out which one they want, I have sold several rings this way because they keep trying until they get the one their after.

http://cardinaldist....tem.php?id=709

1 inch fools gold is another one that I feel a live display is important

http://cardinaldist....tem.php?id=789

1 inch cubes n cuffs is important for a live display because there is a variety of choices to pick from

http://cardinaldist....tem.php?id=675

How would a kid get the full impact of icky sticky mix if it's just a copy of the mix?

http://cardinaldist....tem.php?id=693

here are some that I dont use a live display but a flat display for...

moustache mix

fun time mix

bouncy balls

I feel it is extremely important to use live displays, after all this is the window into whats in the capsules you are selling.

I use both a&a and cardinal for my supplies, I copied and pasted cardinal's pages because a&a has a copyright filter.

It's to bad this topic was not made into a poll I would be interested to see the results.

I am with will on this one. Items will detail should have a live display. I will buy them for staple items because i will repurchase that product over and over. But many items we order we order as a one shot deal. Order and sell through and move on to other new items. You should always keep a box of empty caps to break down live displays and toss them in to your mix product.

With most items. live displays do better. Proven by Folz Vending after extensive testing. Confirmed by me.

did they allow you to verify their findings of did you do you own?

Never saw any data. It was something I discussed with Roger. He said they did extensive testing and the results weren't even close. (if you can remember he used almost all live displays that he made himself and nothing he did was for no reason)My testing was less exstensive. A handful of items many years ago. A couple of items there seemed to be no difference. But most items the difference was huge. I remember a jewelry item that didn't sell at all with a card and then almost sold out with a live display.

Also, as others have said, you make some of the money back after you cap up the displays.

Why pay for flat when you could print it yourself for free

Where do you buy the metal hanging doohickey thing that the live displays attach to? I would like to purchase one of the sheet metal kind for a prototype and see if it's something I could make in my garage so I could save some money. It comes in handy to have a sheet metal brake at home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What sort of machine? The display holder for a 2" capsule cabinet machine can be bought pretty inexpensively from A&A. For my smaller machines I always just used Scotch reusable adhesive squares, which sell for about $1.00 a pack of 12 that have yet to fail me.

Thanks for the replies, everyone. I think I'm going to give live displays a try. If I were switching product every month, I might think twice about it, but I'll probably run these displays for several months; so the overall dent in my profit margins should be minimal.

Archived