Big Choice Crane Game Help

mjchiotti

I purchased a Betson Big Choice Crane and after 2 weeks of working fine, the crane fell from the track. No biggee...we put it back on the rail and worked fine. Then it did it again, we put it back on the track...but now it won't go "home" and on the Credit Meter in the top position it has a constant "E3" Is this an error message?

We tried plugging it in and unpluging it....but that didn't work.

And of course the "manual" doesn't show anything about error codes. :-(

ok first why is it falling from the track. most cranes have a little metal piece on the ends of the crane head

that keep it locked to the track, some operators take them off cause they can be a hassle to service and the

crane head doesnt generally fall off the track on its own

but it keeps the crane head from falling if someone is abusing or moving the machine. so take a look if those

are missing see about ordering or making your own, its just a piece of metal with a screw hole.

also about ur error, dont know the specifics of that error but my GUESS would be one of the switches got

busted when the crane head fell. take a multimeter and put it into continuity test mode, turn off the crane

and continuity test all the switches, make sure they are all working reliably. the switch may not even be

broken it may just be stuck, this happens a lot with united textiles cranes when moving the "up" switch

tends to get stuck if you leave the claw in the up position when moving and needs to be tinkered with a bit

Also, when you put the claw back on the track, make sure it is in the start position. If it isn't, it will give you an error message. It's telling you that on start up all procedures did not pass. Dog cow is right. There's no reason the claw should just fall off it's track. Play it until it falls off again to see what the problem is. Then fix it.

Gary

That machine i believe is same machine as C2C toy taxis?? i seen them in Gary's booth at a show so I think Garys factory is making them for betson. So i thing toy taxis error codes are the same.

so that error i believe is its not making the left switch, I don't know your experience level so excuse me if i say the obvious...

You need to always pull the crane manually back to the home position when clearing error codes,,make sure all switch get made or manually flip them to make crane think it is in correct place.. like he said in last post....

I had a route guy have a machine get abused and the gantry fell into toys and got twisted a bit,,the left wheels wouldn't touch the bar now so it couldn't make it to home position and would time out so it gave the error code.. but once you can put a credit on there and play it you can move the joystick around and you can normally tell if the gantry has gotten "cockeyed" when it was shaken off the track.

I had a few had this problem on the smart toy chest models and the little purple wire on switch that lets it know it is all the way "left" had broken the solder off,,just a little butane solder gun and stuck it back in place and back in biz..

I would check all switches left, front and back(not so much up/down) to make sure they aren't hung or wires broke off from the falling of the gantry..Next i would tell the location i installed a "HIdden camera with cell phone link up" inside machine and every time somebody shakes that machine or any of the wheels come off the ground it will take picture and text it to you, and that you will press charges against that person..tell him a guy got 5 years for vandalism at another location you have for same thing..Tell him you are doing this to protect him and you so you don't lose any money...because truth is the employees after closing are shaking the golpher out of your crane dude!!!

also if they keep it up put a buy the location a big potted plant or ceramic decoration for the top of the crane and place it on top,,that works the best..

the reason it might be falling off the track is worn or missing drive belts

if one side has the belt and the other does not it will fall off track due to traction on one side vs other

you prob broke a switch dropping the claw

http://www.betson.co...an%20manual.pdf

THE MANUAL to older big choices and elaut boards

check to make sure it matches the control panel you have..

code 03: the grabber fails to drop or the "SW 3" switch does

not work

pull the claw down manually and see if the drop plate is stuck or a broken switch..

also replace the belts.. take a old one to granger and get a couple

E3 in toy taxi manual is

http://lib.store.yahoo.net/lib/coastentertainment/cranemanual.pdf

left and right motor switch

bill

the reason it might be falling off the track is worn or missing drive belts

if one side has the belt and the other does not it will fall off track due to traction on one side vs other

you prob broke a switch dropping the claw

http://www.betson.co...an%20manual.pdf

THE MANUAL to older big choices and elaut boards

check to make sure it matches the control panel you have..

code 03: the grabber fails to drop or the "SW 3" switch does

not work

pull the claw down manually and see if the drop plate is stuck or a broken switch..

also replace the belts.. take a old one to granger and get a couple

E3 in toy taxi manual is

http://lib.store.yah...cranemanual.pdf

left and right motor switch

bill

in most cranes if the up switch is working hold it while you power it up this should

drop the claw . dont know if thats what you meant by "manually drop the claw" just

figured id mention it , i assume u know this but it took me a while to figure it out

Next i would tell the location i installed a "HIdden camera with cell phone link up" inside machine and every time somebody shakes that machine or any of the wheels come off the ground it will take picture and text it to you, and that you will press charges against that person..tell him a guy got 5 years for vandalism at another location you have for same thing..Tell him you are doing this to protect him and you so you don't lose any money...because truth is the employees after closing are shaking the golpher out of your crane dude!!!

if its the import one thats branded as big choice it should have a plum bob in it (tilt sensor) i believe toy taxis have

it. i know some of my import cranes have it i cant remember which. the plum bob just power cycles the crane but

you can easily rig up a big 100db 12v air horn to the plum bob that would most likely stop anyone from screwing with it

Archived