How to get breakrooms in mall stores

Davis Caroline

I've seen several people mention having machines in breakrooms of both mall anchor stores and breakrooms of smaller mall stores with younger workers.

I've also seen on the revenues board that these locations are often very profitable.

For those with these types of locations, my question is - how did you get these locations? ... It seems different to me. Do you treat it just like a regular retail location and just tell the manager the machine is for charity?

Not sure why, but I just can't wrap my head around my approach to getting a machine at a breakroom of a Sears, Kohl's, Macy's, Abercrombie, Gap, etc.

TIA

Just be sure to check with mall managment for any requirements insurance, where to park service van etc. Even though your placing it in a mall store and not the main mall you are still under the control of the mall.

Definitely consult with the mall first. If they have any sort of contracts out with other vendors, they will boot you from the other stores even if you are in their break-rooms. The building is still owned by the mall exclusively, and their vending contracts will take precedence. Good luck!

Archived