What's the purpose of this thing?

JDVENDING

In the attached picture you can see a piece of plexiglas that runs diagonal from corner to corner on this NEN super 60. By the looks of it, and I'm just guessing is that its to keep product in front to use as product display and the candy vends from the back. I'm guessing that cause the front is still full and the back is not... If that's what its for, why? First it seems like a big wast of product in the front, and two they have a sticker in the front indicating what's for sale...

On a side note, do you guys take pictures of other vendors equipment? My wife calls me crazy every time I do it. I call it research.post-4589-13426712239902_thumb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

its to keep the appearance of allways full and never empty.

to make the rack look better from a distance and appealing to the eye

it also is handy if you dont want to keep it filled all the way at a slower location

false fronts are used in almost every type of candy display even bulk food containers use the same trick

its all about appearance and show..

bill

its to keep the appearance of allways full and never empty.

to make the rack look better from a distance and appealing to the eye

it also is handy if you dont want to keep it filled all the way at a slower location

false fronts are used in almost every type of candy display even bulk food containers use the same trick

its all about appearance and show..

bill

I knew it was something like that.

Bill, won't the product go stale like that? Just seems like a waste of product

Does anyone know where you can buy this? (I've seen this before as well and asked the board but don't think anyone replied.)

I knew it was something like that.

Bill, won't the product go stale like that? Just seems like a waste of product

The ones I have seen have a cut-out in the very bottom of the plexiglass so that product from the front and the back can all flow into the candy wheel. By the look of your photo, the Skittles are probably just barely above the cut-out.

I've used all sorts of tricks to lower product volume while keeping it "full" looking. Peanut butter jars at the center of every bigger globe machine, plastic round Christmas ornaments in every triple, etc. If you can make your machine look "almost" full it will do very well. Toys may be the one exception to the rule on that one. I've seen these fronts used, and I know NEN must order them somewhere. I'd think for small operators it would be easier just to get a sheet of plexiglass, and make your own.

In the attached picture you can see a piece of plexiglas that runs diagonal from corner to corner on this NEN super 60. By the looks of it, and I'm just guessing is that its to keep product in front to use as product display and the candy vends from the back. I'm guessing that cause the front is still full and the back is not... If that's what its for, why? First it seems like a big wast of product in the front, and two they have a sticker in the front indicating what's for sale...

On a side note, do you guys take pictures of other vendors equipment? My wife calls me crazy every time I do it. I call it research.post-4589-13426712239902_thumb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If a machine looks full there it means there is no money in it also. Smarter thieves walking by notice it is full oh well not much here worth taking.

Now that I am vending I am always looking at other guys setups. Just to see and get an Idea on what might work or sell when I get into toys or other locations.

If a machine looks full there it means there is no money in it also. Smarter thieves walking by notice it is full oh well not much here worth taking.

Now that I am vending I am always looking at other guys setups. Just to see and get an Idea on what might work or sell when I get into toys or other locations.

Ha, I do that too. I was walking out of a store earlier. I stopped at the rack. Everything was pretty much full except for "Gold and silver" something or other toys. It was about 10% full. :o

Archived