Non-candy items for adult oriented locations

shepherdsflock

I'm wondering what non-candy items might do well in more adult oriented locations. For example, I have a laundromat that I almost never see kids in. It's all college students. I don't think traditional bulk toys would sell too well to this crowd, but I'm wondering what else I could offer besides candy. Any suggestions? By the way, it has to be 1" size and vend at 50 cents.

Temporary tats, adult type key chains like the Harley ones at AA, novelty stuff like the fortune dice, stuff college kids might dig is my best guess.

I'm wondering what non-candy items might do well in more adult oriented locations. For example, I have a laundromat that I almost never see kids in. It's all college students. I don't think traditional bulk toys would sell too well to this crowd, but I'm wondering what else I could offer besides candy. Any suggestions? By the way, it has to be 1" size and vend at 50 cents.

I get alot of business from teenage and young adult girls on 1 inch acyrlic rings, but like I said in another post get them from cardinal if you do because aa's rings suck!

This is my experience with a 1" at .50 near a college. It surprised me! I live in a college town. My first location was a Japanese grill next to college. It is almost all college kids crowd, they actually accept college debit card for payment. I had a double Northwestern 60 with .25 gumball wheel and .50 1" wheel. I did Dubble Bubble and Bouncy Balls for .50. Yes.... I figured no one would buy the 27mm BB for .50. But it was all I had and I didn't know any better. The gumball did about $10 a month and the BB did about $28 month. I have since changed the Gumball to .25 Dubble Bubble chewing gum squares and it does $20 month now. The .50 BB still does almost $30 month. It still surprises me each month.

I've already got some mustache mix ordered for some other locations, so I think I might put some in this location as a trial and if it does well I'll order a whole bag for that location. Then, maybe the next month, I'll switch another head to acrylic rings. Between mustaches and acrylic rings, I think that should cover he demographics.

Thanks for the ideas. I have to get into toys. Can I use a 1" gumball machine to vend these?

For 27mm round caps yes, otherwise you need to remove the riser for the more common 1.1" acorn caps, or get a different wheelset from the manufacturer, depending on the type of machine. Good luck!

Archived