I guess I am vending soda now

Pitstopped

I went into a Cottman Transmission store across from one of my locations today. I had a new Northwestern double (Dubble Bubble/Skittles) with me to locate. The Cottman guy said I could put the Northwestern in if I would also put a pepsi vending machine in. He says him and the workers want one. And his customers ask a lot. I left the Northwestern and told him I would bring in a Pepsi machine within 2 weeks. Both the bulk and Pepsi are no commission. I have been looking into used Pepsi vending machines and found one I am going to get Saturday. After doing some research there is a lot of profit on sodas too. This may turn out to be my largest account net per month. Guess there is only one way to find out.

I went into a Cottman Transmission store across from one of my locations today. I had a new Northwestern double (Dubble Bubble/Skittles) with me to locate. The Cottman guy said I could put the Northwestern in if I would also put a pepsi vending machine in. He says him and the workers want one. And his customers ask a lot. I left the Northwestern and told him I would bring in a Pepsi machine within 2 weeks. Both the bulk and Pepsi are no commission. I have been looking into used Pepsi vending machines and found one I am going to get Saturday. After doing some research there is a lot of profit on sodas too. This may turn out to be my largest account net per month. Guess there is only one way to find out.

yep, buy your soda from a wholesale club too.

I was looking at the new dixie narco gatorade machine at sams club today.

yes, it's a 3500.00 machine, but they will give you 750.00 in free product to use in it.

well, what is that saying?

life is not all gum and skittles you know.

They are more expensive but its less locations more cash. For example u spend 500 on the machine. Say its a good spot that makes 300 a month. That's 3600 a year. Ud spend about 800 on product. In one location. Now add a snack machine there too and double it. I'd rather have 20 locations averaging 200 a month which is 4000 a month and you spent 10k on your own machines. And service less locations. Bulk is easier but Idk I like the dollars more than the 6000+ quarters

They are more expensive but its less locations more cash. For example u spend 500 on the machine. Say its a good spot that makes 300 a month. That's 3600 a year. Ud spend about 800 on product. In one location. Now add a snack machine there too and double it. I'd rather have 20 locations averaging 200 a month which is 4000 a month and you spent 10k on your own machines. And service less locations. Bulk is easier but Idk I like the dollars more than the 6000+ quarters

also, most bulk machines are mecanical and anyone can fix them.

large electronic venders need a techinition to fix. I once had some dixie narco soda machines years ago. thank god we have a major vending service center here that can fix anything with them.

How about video games? cost a arm and leg but with the right location you can do a lot of bucks.

I was once going to get some big buck hunters with the addon packs and the network mode for tournament games.

only about 8gs each too. but my partner took off. I hear the machines made a fortune.

Now add a snack machine there too and double it.

adding a snack machine is not going to double your sales. in some cases it wont increase them much at all

How about video games? cost a arm and leg but with the right location you can do a lot of bucks.

I was once going to get some big buck hunters with the addon packs and the network mode for tournament games.

only about 8gs each too. but my partner took off. I hear the machines made a fortune.

video games do not earn very much. the newest and latest games earn ok but they wont earn as much as a prize

machine like a crane or a merchandiser (stacker, barbercut). video games are amongst the lowest revenue per square foot.

that said if you want to you can finance or lease video games pretty reasonably from an equipment dealer like

betson or brady , i have sen the latest stuff go on special for $35/wk or so

I got into soft drink and snack vending sort of the same way, locations asking me for the machines. I bought mine used . I wound up with problems, and wound up loosing a loaction over a machine with problems. I immediatly went to my closest vending re-furb outfit, and swapped all of my drink and snack machines for real re-furbed pro equipment with validators. My sales doubled, and my breakdowns went to zero. Best move I ever made.

Be careful about the world beverage cherry and grape drinks at Sams club: the thin cans will bust in an older machine sometimes. Real good sellers though, their grape is really good. I sold them 10 cents cheaper than the branded drinks. I also sold them at first for a quarter, to intro them. That went over really well with the location owner.

Never but Seaga or other "off brand" machines, always buy real commercial equipment.Seaga parts are not available.

I did the drink machines free from the bottler bit too: the bottler will let you use their branded machines to sell their product. I quickly realized this was not the most profitable way to go, When you own the machine, put in pepsi,coke, and sundrop, cheerwine, bubble up, everything they want, and you will make way more money . Branded machines work really good where you have room for 2 machines, put one branded pepsi, and one you own, and you have the best of both worlds.

My local coke bottler is dropping their vending program.Pepsi, and the independent bottlers still have the program.Pepsi is great to work with, they even fix the machines for you after hours at no charge,.You get the machine "free to use" as long as you buy your stock from them, and only put in their products. If you put in a competitors product, you loose the machines, and you pay a specific contracted damage fee to Pepsi, which used to be $5,000 per column, plus a pick up fee per machine.

I understand that you need to be careful about older validators not being set up to accept the new currency design, I have seen change machines selling for 50 bucks because of this. Pity. a new validator is not so expensive, if the rest of the machine is OK.

Why dont you guys just have coke or pepsi deliver the machines like my company we have about 30 pop machines and they are all owned by coke and pepsi. They deliver the pop to our shop and we fill it and collect the money and they also service the machines when they need repairs. It is called third party vending and it is even more profitable than owning your own machine unless you have can machines.

Why dont you guys just have coke or pepsi deliver the machines like my company we have about 30 pop machines and they are all owned by coke and pepsi. They deliver the pop to our shop and we fill it and collect the money and they also service the machines when they need repairs. It is called third party vending and it is even more profitable than owning your own machine unless you have can machines.

it can be more profitable, but like anything it has its downsides. for one thing you cant sell any foreign product in the machine

so for example my best sellers are dew, coke and hawaiian punch. if i ran 3rd party machines i would need 3 machines because

those are all bottled by different bottlers. lets assume ur acct has room for 2 or 3 machines, now you have minimums from several different companies to deal with. also bottlers dont have a great reputation for doing service calls properly and in a timely fashion

look thru some threads on here where ppl posted about their headaches dealing with a bottler after a machine got vandalized (antonio and ninjinn i think both had this happen) i have one acct that is locked into a corp contract with coke but golpher constantly about

the service level i could easily take the acct if it wasnt for the contract.

finally getting a 3rd party contract can be hard depending on ur bottler's rules. in my area pepsi wont deal with anyone who hasnt

been in business over 2yrs. coke wont do any new 3rd party contracts period here.

that said its nice to have nice new machines and dont worry about installing them or hunting CL for a great deal. everything in life

is trade offs but in my opinion its not such a great way to build up your business, i prefer to own machines.

I bought a Coinco ct 48 drink machine for $150.00 that is used of course, but I am surprised how great the condition is. I placed the machine today with Pepsi, Wild Cherry Pepsi and Dr.Pepper. I swapped out the Northwestern 60's with my Selectivend Skittles, PMM's, Hot Tamale. I am going back tomorrow to make sure everything is running smooth, I will take a pic. I will also let you know how the first pull goes. Thanks everyone for the great reply's.

• 2 weeks later...

Today I serviced my first soda machine at the Cottman Transmission. After the first 2 weeks on location it sold out, 51 cans. I restocked, left some slim jims for the mechanics because when I was there installing they said they really liked them.

Well if it sells about 51 cans every 2 weeks it looks like I will gross $76 per month.... Net about $48 per month.

The machines cost me $150 so it should pay for its self in about 3 1/2 months. Not bad

It also got me a three head candy machine in the lobby and it looked like it was doing ok today. I didn't look in the coin box. But all three heads were down some.

I guess I will keep going with it.

Archived