Food King model #429 tripping breaker

I have a Food King 429 deli machine that is tripping the breaker. When I plug it in it comes on, the compressor fires up and 3 seconds later it trips the breaker. I took the compressor to a refrigeration company and $120 later they tell me it works just fine.....ughhh. So I went back and tried again this time with just the compressor plugged in and the same thing happened. Next I changed out the thermal breaker and had the compressor and lights plugged in and again the same thing happened. I guess next I will try without the compressor plugged in to see if that helps. This machine is located at a hospital and they are getting PO'd with having to reset the breaker each time :(.

Any thoughts or advice on this issue?

Here is the manual for the machine if it helps.

http://www.vendingadvantage.com/manualspdf/food/Enhanced-FoodKing-Parts-Manual.pdf

Thanks in advance

Four things come to mind, 1) Did you try to run the compressor when it was out of the machine?

2) have you tried to run the machine without the compressor connected to see if it actually is the compressor that tripping the breaker?

3) Are there other things on that circuit like drink or coffee machines

4) Is it possible to run an extension cord to a different outlet to see if the breaker is weak. Circuit breakers do get weak over time especially when there is something or things on that circuit that draws alot of amps i.e. food and drink machines

Just wondering

Four things come to mind, 1) Did you try to run the compressor when it was out of the machine? The refrigeration company that I took the compressor to said it worked just fine

2) have you tried to run the machine without the compressor connected to see if it actually is the compressor that tripping the breaker? I haven't. This will be my next step

3) Are there other things on that circuit like drink or coffee machines. This machine is on its own breaker

4) Is it possible to run an extension cord to a different outlet to see if the breaker is weak. Circuit breakers do get weak over time especially when there is something or things on that circuit that draws alot of amps i.e. food and drink machines. I did run a cord to another outlet and the same issue and result

I've checked all the wiring and nothing appears burnt , charred or has any soot on it....

Thanks for the reply!

Plugged the machine without the compressor and it was working. Plugged the compressor in and 3 seconds later the breaker trips.Placed an amp reader on the machine and the compressor was drawing too much juice. Since the refrigeration company tested and says the compressor is ok I'm thinking that perhaps the relays are bad and need replacing......

Archived