Angry Competition

Billnuts

About 4 months Ago , I moved in a 7 way rack into a mexican Ice cream shop in the middle of detroit

There was a 5 way rack already there abandoned and empty

Owner said he dropped it off and has not been there in 2 months

I Added more machines every month to this location and the sales have been thru the roof.

the rack is near empty every month, the crane is empty, I put in a sports arena and a wowie zowie..

I am due for my 4 month pull and fill

and the owner came into my chocolate store, he comes in and buys toppings and i sell some chocolates to him as well.

told me the owner of the abandoned rack was in, was extremely upset over my takeover. was arabic and screaming..

told the owner if he wanted a crane he would have done it etc..

then had the nerve to tell the owner i stole money out of his sticker machine (2 head) and that my keys fit his machine and his keys fit mine etc..

The owner, was with me for the 3 previous money pulls and help me count them etc..

and did not buy the other guy is a theif story or that i would steal from his rack

he had the nerve to stick his key in my rack and try to show the owner the same keys worked..

the owner told the arabic guy you dont like it take your rack out then...

the competition wanted to know who i was... where i could be found etc.. and everything else..

I said you can GLADLY give him my name and number..

Me and the owner get along great..

i told the owner to put his rack outside for better sales.. or put it next to the toilet in the bathroom..

what would you do?

My gut instinct is to find him... follow to all his locations... then go in and offer to take them all over for 70% commission to owner... lol

i can do that without even denting my inventory or machines.. or even myself at all... as long as cost of goods is covered...30% i would not care..

there you go the QUOTE " THEIF" just shut your whole vending gig down...

bill

About 4 months Ago , I moved in a 7 way rack into a mexican Ice cream shop in the middle of detroit

I Added more machines every month to this location and the sales have been thru the roof.

the rack is near empty every month, the crane is empty, I put in a sports arena and a wowie zowie..

I am due for my 4 month pull and fill

and the owner came into my chocolate store, he comes in and buys toppings and i sell some chocolates to him as well.

told me the owner of the abandoned rack was in, was extremely upset over my takeover. was arabic and screaming..

told the owner if he wanted a crane he would have done it etc..

then had the nerve to tell the owner i stole money out of his sticker machine (2 head) and that my keys fit his machine and his keys fit mine etc..

The owner, was with me for the 3 previous money pulls and help me count them etc..

and did not buy the other guy is a theif story or that i would steal from his rack

he had the nerve to stick his key in my rack and try to show the owner the same keys worked..

the owner told the arabic guy you dont like it take your rack out then...

the competition wanted to know who i was... where i could be found etc.. and everything else..

I said you can GLADLY give him my name and number..

Me and the owner get along great..

i told the owner to put his rack outside for better sales.. or put it next to the toilet in the bathroom..

what would you do?

My gut instinct is to find him... follow to all his locations... then go in and offer to take them all over for 70% commission to owner... lol

i can do that without even denting my inventory or machines.. or even myself at all... as long as cost of goods is covered...30% i would not care..

there you go the QUOTE " THEIF" just shut your whole vending gig down...

bill

leave well enough alone, looks like the guy is doing a good job putting himself out of business

without your help bill.

Cutting your nose off to spite your face is not a good idea and by that I mean that you shouldnt give 70% to steal his locations. I would however take as many places as you can and if you have to give the locations a $100 bonus or something to switch and strive to get this location all to your self. These kind of people are the ones that you love to target because they do a bad job and then wonder why the location switched to someone else.

This is a competitive business. While I hate to take others spots, it's a fact of this industry. He's providing poor service, so that pretty much mandates you should grab his accounts. If they are good accounts, the previous vendor should have taken better care of them. Though I wouldn't do anything unethical to boot him from his spots, it looks like he's done a great job with that already.

For him to accuse you of being the thief is childish- and these types won't last long in any competitive industry. It looks like you've got some spots to get Bill. Good luck!

Let me get this straight. The rack has been there for only 2 months and it was automatically considered to be abandoned? My standard survice cycle is 8 weeks ( 2 months ). Does that mean all my locations are going to be concidered to be abandoned?

Let me get this straight. The rack has been there for only 2 months and it was automatically considered to be abandoned? My standard survice cycle is 8 weeks ( 2 months ). Does that mean all my locations are going to be concidered to be abandoned?

maybe i should have posted the months correctly

2 months + the 4 months ive been there =6 months a half a year is eather very poor service or abandoned...

Besides the 2+4 that he just said....If they are all the way empty for two months...I mean, what else do you expect it to be considered? ( If the owner tried to contact, etc.) I mean maybe not fully abandoned, but it would surely make someone think it might be abandoned.

The only suggestion of value that I can offer is that you seriously look into getting you own registered keys, what if the guy decided to take money out of your machines instead of him accusing you of doing it to him?

I know somebody who this happened to. He was really mad but he doesn't mess with others machines now. And no it wasn't me.

Ill let you guys in a secret i did a few years ago...

There was this guy who had put pushers next to my cranes in some family diners..He kept doing it over and over..I wouldnt put them in family places where i could place a crane as that defeated the purpose of having them..I got pushers for the cstores and tobacco shops etc.. that cranes don't make any money in those kinds of stops anyway so i wanted to fill in the gaps with pushers,,if its a restaurant or china buffet etc i put a crane..

I was getting really frustrated with this guy and he didn't know he was messing with a manufacturer of coin pushers!! sooooo i got a friend to put a trackstick on his van when he came and serviced the pusher... It uploaded via cellular and was magnetic mount,,the battery was only good for 2 weeks but in those 2 weeks i got his whole route emailed right to my laptop!!!!!! I then made a B line to every stop he had in 4 days and offered to put a pusher,sell a pusher ,place a second pusher or crane etc... This guy didn't know what hit him...he called me cussing and i just said ,,"You started it!" like a five year old i was acting like in the first place.. I don't know if thats breaking any laws but it broke his route.

just know who you are messing with if you start throwing punches..that quiet fat guy with pimples may kick you arse!!

call me a spy but i prefer "BOND.............James Bond." B)

Archived