New from the Southwest

Hello just joined this forum a few days ago, let me give you all a little history on my business. My wife and I started the vending/bulk business 15 years ago. I was 21 and my wife was 19 we had just gotten married when we decided to start our own business. I had a regular job, which financed our first 6 full size vending machines(4 soda machines, 2 snack machines), and 2 gumball machines. We placed these machines in locations that were near our apartment (a studio apt which was very cramped with sodas, chips and 2 people) to save on gas. From there we decided to take a plunge and do it full time. Making only $ 150 a week profit (after supplies) we decided, i leave my job and force ourselves to grow. Well 15 years and 450 full line vending machines, 900 Honor Box accounts later we finally decided to grow the bulk vending from the original 2. It took a lot of drive and endurance to grow. Hope to learn more and hopefully teach from my experience.

Hello just joined this forum a few days ago, let me give you all a little history on my business. My wife and I started the vending/bulk business 15 years ago. I was 21 and my wife was 19 we had just gotten married when we decided to start our own business. I had a regular job, which financed our first 6 full size vending machines(4 soda machines, 2 snack machines), and 2 gumball machines. We placed these machines in locations that were near our apartment (a studio apt which was very cramped with sodas, chips and 2 people) to save on gas. From there we decided to take a plunge and do it full time. Making only $ 150 a week profit (after supplies) we decided, i leave my job and force ourselves to grow. Well 15 years and 450 full line vending machines, 900 Honor Box accounts later we finally decided to grow the bulk vending from the original 2. It took a lot of drive and endurance to grow. Hope to learn more and hopefully teach from my experience.

Bet you have some great stories to tell and experiences to share. Welcome to TVF and looking forward to getting to know you better.

Archived