?'s about this sticker machine

JDVENDING

Could somebody give me a little info about this sticker machine? It's for sale locally and I can get it for $45. First, is it worth buying for $45? Second what kind of machine is it? The owner thinks its a Steiner? Would it be worth my time getting it, and are parts available or interchangeable? Should I consider buying or just walk away? Any info would be appreciated.

post-4589-13430207254148_thumb.jpg

post-4589-13430207413967_thumb.jpg

post-4589-13430207635585_thumb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It looks like a "Sticker Shop" machine, but I'm far from an expert on these machines. I agree, $45 is a great deal if it's in functional condition- there are very few "bad" or "unreliable" sticker machines.

Good luck!

I have 15 of these machines on my route, they are Stieners.I'm not sure if the company is still in business all I could tell you is go for it this machine is very heavy but its a work horse.

Thank you everybody for the input. Sounds like I better jump on it and buy it..... I was thinking about asking what sticker machines are good to buy and which ones to stay away from, but I think that question would get lost in this post. I just might start a new topic to see what answers I can get. I'm interested in learning more about sticker vending... Thanks again everybody

yeah that is an old steiner,,i had several of those back in the day,,slowly got rid of them and replaced with newer stuff as mine where actually getting rusted out and i hated those locks on side of machine(hard to get to if on a rack sandwiched between NW80's)

I have every kinds of sticker machine i think ever made,,from brand to mayoni to blue bar to cei's bladerunner to advance...they all have their quirks and positives..

I personally like the blue bar because its cheap and does the job,,i like that whole front of machine comes out so its easy to load ,, not hanging down in front or having to turn machine around and load from back like others,,also if there is ever a bad jam in the column and you don't feel like being there for an hour with a hammer and butter knife(my fix it tool for jammed columns) you can just replace front insert or basically 2 columns, easily ,just lift out and put new one in..

there are sooooo many used sticker machines sitting in storage units everywhere i would never buy a new one now unless it was a have to for new location ..

If i had choice i wouldn't own nothing buy 2 columns,,but with buying routes and picking up 4 columns cheap etc..i have a bunch of both..if i would have bought all new they would all be 2 column though..just overkill i think with 4 columns.

ron

www.blazingquarters.com

yeah that is an old steiner,,i had several of those back in the day,,slowly got rid of them and replaced with newer stuff as mine where actually getting rusted out and i hated those locks on side of machine(hard to get to if on a rack sandwiched between NW80's)

I have every kinds of sticker machine i think ever made,,from brand to mayoni to blue bar to cei's bladerunner to advance...they all have their quirks and positives..

I personally like the blue bar because its cheap and does the job,,i like that whole front of machine comes out so its easy to load ,, not hanging down in front or having to turn machine around and load from back like others,,also if there is ever a bad jam in the column and you don't feel like being there for an hour with a hammer and butter knife(my fix it tool for jammed columns) you can just replace front insert or basically 2 columns, easily ,just lift out and put new one in..

there are sooooo many used sticker machines sitting in storage units everywhere i would never buy a new one now unless it was a have to for new location ..

If i had choice i wouldn't own nothing buy 2 columns,,but with buying routes and picking up 4 columns cheap etc..i have a bunch of both..if i would have bought all new they would all be 2 column though..just overkill i think with 4 columns.

ron

www.blazingquarters.com

I was under the impression that a 4 column was preferable because then you could run 2 stickers and 2 tattoos- what sort of things are you vending that makes a 2 column a better choice? I don't own any sticker machines yet, so I'm just comparing advice side by side. Very interesting sir!

there is no right or wrong way to do it, I don't like having a bunch of different sticker or tattoos,,i don't like stickers period, i always say ill never buy another sticker(then happy bunny or something comes out).. I only want to run tattoos as they always sell.. Over the years with 4 columns i ended up with a special aisle in my warehouse just for all the unsold stickers,in that aisle there are hardly any tattoos..

the sticker/tat companies will always have 1 or 2 great sellers and then they all copy each other,, i.e. flatline had say petshop a few years ago,,every other company jumped on bandwagon and made their own and suddenly it was their bestseller also..

If you have 4 columns or more they always used to get me on shipping or discounts ,the salesman would say "buy just 4 more boxes and you get free shipping " etc...so i would ,and buy some closeout or something and it would end up basically putting a column "out of order"..not really but there wouldn't be any sales of the crap sticker so it might as well have been.

When i run 2 columns i can load my van with 2 great selling tats,, and fill every machine to the brim and know they will sell,,not this 4 packs per column crap and rotate rotate rotate..

its all preference and how much your time is worth.. i would rather rob my racks every 4 months or so and pull out 4-800 than rob those same racks every month for 100-200 ...

My idea rack right now is a 2" at 75cents with say yo yo balls now,

2 column tat with sugar tats and a good boy tat,

oak 450 at 25 with 27mm and zoo mania mixed 75/25,

oak 450 at 50c with says squishys from a&a,

oak 450 at 50c with cubes and cuffs(with self vending dice mixed in 10%) from cardinal...

small easy rack to place and will just as much money as 7 or 9 way is location where I own it,,meaning not 10 other racks from other companies .

This is idea setup for me at this moment,may change next month..

Ill have my guy that fills my plush cranes every 2 weeks to keep eye on machines and make sure nothing gets close to empty and fill if needed,but not touch the money..im the only one who touches the money!! Ill rob my cranes every 4-6 weeks and as i do route ill hit about 4 racks in each day along the way..I can rob about 20 cranes a day..next time i do that route ill hit 4 different racks,,etc.

Ive learned over the years everybody is totally different for everybody ,, every body has their weaknesses and strengths .. I know my weakness, and it is organization and leadership( i can't have an employee that isn't my friend,i always screw that up) ,,,but my strengths as a salesman and out of the box thinking make up for it(somewhat)..If i would have started this whole rodeo with a neat freak partner id probably be king right now as i can see the "kings" have a whole lot of weaknesses also..

If i had any advice it would be buy what is cheap,look for used stuff and don't take on any debt...only place the racks in grocery stores,restaurants, family venues like theaters,bowling alleys etc.. don't get nervous at the end of a day locating and think "Ive got to get this machine located anywhere" and dump it in a c store because your "NO" threshold was full...find it a good home before you dump it so you don't have a low number in your average...DO NOT ever get glossy eyed when other vendors say "i got 400 racks !" etc...because it doesn't matter,,my small route makes more money than some vendors that drive 5 states with 4 times as many machines as they have so much overhead and so many crap locations.. don't every buy used biz op junk, it just takes up valuable time trying to locate some u-turn or energy bites or whatever,,stick to toys and gum(my personal opinion) and tattoos, just some of my opinions.. Im waiting on a phone call so forgive the long message..

ron

www.blazingquarters.com

there is no right or wrong way to do it, I don't like having a bunch of different sticker or tattoos,,i don't like stickers period, i always say ill never buy another sticker(then happy bunny or something comes out).. I only want to run tattoos as they always sell.. Over the years with 4 columns i ended up with a special aisle in my warehouse just for all the unsold stickers,in that aisle there are hardly any tattoos..

the sticker/tat companies will always have 1 or 2 great sellers and then they all copy each other,, i.e. flatline had say petshop a few years ago,,every other company jumped on bandwagon and made their own and suddenly it was their bestseller also..

If you have 4 columns or more they always used to get me on shipping or discounts ,the salesman would say "buy just 4 more boxes and you get free shipping " etc...so i would ,and buy some closeout or something and it would end up basically putting a column "out of order"..not really but there wouldn't be any sales of the crap sticker so it might as well have been.

When i run 2 columns i can load my van with 2 great selling tats,, and fill every machine to the brim and know they will sell,,not this 4 packs per column crap and rotate rotate rotate..

its all preference and how much your time is worth.. i would rather rob my racks every 4 months or so and pull out 4-800 than rob those same racks every month for 100-200 ...

My idea rack right now is a 2" at 75cents with say yo yo balls now,

2 column tat with sugar tats and a good boy tat,

oak 450 at 25 with 27mm and zoo mania mixed 75/25,

oak 450 at 50c with says squishys from a&a,

oak 450 at 50c with cubes and cuffs(with self vending dice mixed in 10%) from cardinal...

small easy rack to place and will just as much money as 7 or 9 way is location where I own it,,meaning not 10 other racks from other companies .

This is idea setup for me at this moment,may change next month..

Ill have my guy that fills my plush cranes every 2 weeks to keep eye on machines and make sure nothing gets close to empty and fill if needed,but not touch the money..im the only one who touches the money!! Ill rob my cranes every 4-6 weeks and as i do route ill hit about 4 racks in each day along the way..I can rob about 20 cranes a day..next time i do that route ill hit 4 different racks,,etc.

Ive learned over the years everybody is totally different for everybody ,, every body has their weaknesses and strengths .. I know my weakness, and it is organization and leadership( i can't have an employee that isn't my friend,i always screw that up) ,,,but my strengths as a salesman and out of the box thinking make up for it(somewhat)..If i would have started this whole rodeo with a neat freak partner id probably be king right now as i can see the "kings" have a whole lot of weaknesses also..

If i had any advice it would be buy what is cheap,look for used stuff and don't take on any debt...only place the racks in grocery stores,restaurants, family venues like theaters,bowling alleys etc.. don't get nervous at the end of a day locating and think "Ive got to get this machine located anywhere" and dump it in a c store because your "NO" threshold was full...find it a good home before you dump it so you don't have a low number in your average...DO NOT ever get glossy eyed when other vendors say "i got 400 racks !" etc...because it doesn't matter,,my small route makes more money than some vendors that drive 5 states with 4 times as many machines as they have so much overhead and so many crap locations.. don't every buy used biz op junk, it just takes up valuable time trying to locate some u-turn or energy bites or whatever,,stick to toys and gum(my personal opinion) and tattoos, just some of my opinions.. Im waiting on a phone call so forgive the long message..

ron

www.blazingquarters.com

Thanks for the information Ron. It's very beneficial to me.

Archived