Gravity Hill?

Kalleberg

Has anybody had any luck with a Gravity Hill machine? If so, what has your experience with them been like? I've tried doing a search on here and didn't really find anything.

Well, for starters you're in the wrong place. Gravity Hill is an amusement game, so you should probably post in the "Amusement Vending" section.

Well, in my experience- machines on duty are on people's routes for a reason. The fact that Gravity Hill remains a popular arcade staple means that operators must be profiting off of someone.

Though I have personally never owned/operated on in the field, I'm told by those that have that OK manufacturing makes tremendously resilient machines that give years of dependable service.

As a player, I like Gravity Hill because it gives the illusion of being easy, while actually being REALLY hard. However, unlike some of this sort of game, I've never felt "cheated" because any time I didn't win, I knew I had no one to blame but me as I was controlling the game. Perhaps others perceive it differently, but that's my "players" opinion on Gravity Hill.

• 4 weeks later...

I operate a half dozen GHill's and agree with the previous comment. There is however one big advantage/disadvantage with it. It is a Skill game and a proficient player can win EVERY try. I like to load the entire machine with the same prize so that this player will (usually) stop after winning one or two prizes. He makes it look so easy that everyone thinks they can do it also and will try. However if you load it with a mix, this guy will win (and just give away) many prizes at 1 credit each, until he gets to the Choice Item.

The machine is well built and the people at OK are great.

Also, I like to post a big sign near the Countdown Timer "Must win before the time expires" as a common problem is that the player does not realize his time has expired and achieves a prize hole. Complaints to location employees can result in the "Out of Order" sign and wasted service call.

Archived