Anyone Have Experience With These?

pp47021

I know some people don't like tripples but that is what my entire route of almost 70 machines consists of. The route I bought is making good money and as soon as I get my inital investment back which I expect to happen in the next 4 months I plan to start upgrading machines. Currently the route has all vendstars which are ok but over the long haul I know won't hold up year after year. So I was wondering if some of you could suggust better brands of tripples. I like the pod system vendstars use even though I don't plan to use it as advertised to fill and replace them each time I check the route it is nice to be able to easily change out poor preforming candy with something different. So I would like to stick with tripples that have that option. Other than that my only additional requirment is that I can get them all keyed the same so I don't have a bunch of different keys for different machines. When you order these can they match them up with the keys you got with your previous orders or do you have to change the keys yourself? I will most likley by these 5-10 at a time until they have all been replaced. I came accross these online today and wanted to see if anyone on here has had any experience with these machines. Other suggustions are welcomed as well. Thanks in advance for the help...

That is the 1800 vending machine you see posted on here a lot. It is a pretty good machine from what Others have told. I think I might lean to getting a Northwestern Triple play If I buy any more triples myself. NW are build like a tank. The one your looking at is still plastic but it dose have metal coin mechs and you can order .50 mechs for them if you want to. Most triples have a way to drop out the candy quickly if you giver your self a little practice at home you can do it without to much of a fuss on any kind of machine.

I run all 3 of the machines Big Red mentioned - Vendstars, 1-800's, and Triple Plays. Using my vast 1 years worth of vending experience, here is how I see em':

Vendstar

Pros - Inexpensive (to buy and if its gets stolen/smashed) and easy to find, canisters easy to swap, easy to disassemble and clean machine (I toss em in the dishwasher)

Cons - Easiest to tip over (lightweight), easy to defeat/ripoff, damn chute doors always breaking (along with the occasional busted spill tray and cracked canister), canister fronts can crack when tipped over, parts ain't cheap (hope you dont want to vend
GB
!)

Pyro's 2 cents - OK gateway/entry level machine. I am cutting my teeth on learning the ins and outs of vending with these machines. But I am tired of always fixing things on them and think they look cheap. I hate getting a bunch of Chuck E Cheese tokens (and others) in them or getting cleaned out with stir sticks. Over time, I am going to weed these out of the fleet.

1-800

Pros - Looks the sharpest of the 3 machines (in my opinion), not too expensive, metal mechs reliable and hard to defeat, canisters easy to swap, can get 50 cent mechs, reliable (so far),
GB
wheels much more readily available then Vendstar

Cons - Hardest of the 3 to find parts, plating on lid is kind of cheap and easy to mar, cant put body in dishwasher (kind of discolors them)

Pyro's 2 cents- I like these machines. They look good, especially when you take care of them. I like the canister option when vending candy. Heavier than Vendstar but lighter than Triple Play so not too tough to move around. I like these machines for their reliability, ease of use, and good looks and would gladly swap all my Vendstars 2-1 for 1800's.

Triple Play

Pros - Very rugged in all areas, can get 50 cent mechs, expandable with cabinet (I think thats what there are called) backs, takes different wheels (most versitile for vending whatever), easy to buy new machines/parts, look pretty good, very secure machine

Cons - Harder to get candy out/swap candy (no canisters), all metal gets real hot in direct sun, pain to take out mech when full of candy (have to disassemble machine to get to it), most expensive of the 3, they are kinda heavy, pain to get everything disassembled to clean out body

Pyro's 2 cents- I like these machines, especially as I want to head into toys and think these will work for both toys and candy. The all metal body will heat up the candy if placed in the wrong location. For this reason and the hassle of removing candy to get to mechs, and the convenience of canisters, I like the 1800 machine over the Triple Play for vending candy. But for future expansion and options, I think the Triple Play is a good choice and am planning on keeping mine.

That is the 1800 vending machine you see posted on here a lot. It is a pretty good machine from what Others have told. I think I might lean to getting a Northwestern Triple play If I buy any more triples myself. NW are build like a tank. The one your looking at is still plastic but it dose have metal coin mechs and you can order .50 mechs for them if you want to. Most triples have a way to drop out the candy quickly if you giver your self a little practice at home you can do it without to much of a fuss on any kind of machine.

Very close Big Red. That's an LYPC Triple Shop. An LYPC duplicate of the 1800, and a pretty close one at that. As an operator who uses LYPC clones, I'd advise anyone against buying their machines. They can only be obtained through resellers, and they are "ok" machines at best.

If you intend to really go for it in this business, and MUST stick with a triple-only format, I recommend either going with your 1800 (the best plastic triple) or some sort of metal machines. If you have never had a metal machine, even an off-brand is night and day compared to a Vendstar. Triple plays are fantastic machines, but difficult to find at good prices. However, if you need a triple that will work dependably for decades to come, the Northwestern Triple play is the machine for you.

Good luck!

What does a northwestern triple play cost new? Are these LYPC machines metal or plastic from what I read they sound like they are metal machines. Thanks again for the advice everyone.

What does a northwestern triple play cost new? Are these LYPC machines metal or plastic from what I read they sound like they are metal machines. Thanks again for the advice everyone.

No, this machine is mostly plastic. It has metal mechs, chute doors, and the lid- maybe the chute covers, but nobody sees those.

Triple plays aren't cheap new- but I've gotten them cheap used. They are harder to find though, because of their reputation in the vending community.

Most single are in the 50-70 dollar range. Stands are 30-50 Plus shipping Stands are heavy most have Cast Iron bases to help keep the machines from being top heavy and tipping very easy. Double plates are 10-15. You can get NW stuff from Sam's club a little bit more then buying direct but shipping is usually a lot less

Archived