Making Moves

English Vending

At what point should a vendor consult with location management as far as upgrading machines? I wouldn't think going from a single to a triple would not need permission but would you all go from a triple to 4 way rack with out clearing it first? I have some places in mind that I want to feel out with a triple possibly vending capsules from one head to see how they do but I don't want to bring up the possibility of a rack and risk them not even wanting to mess with a triple then.

Yea I know how you feel. It is important that you get a feel for the management first and make sure they like you then ask. Try and make them want more, maybe you can vend something their employees like if candy or kids if capsules. If its a commision spot they will probably make more money and they would probably want it for sure.

Boy, tough call. I think it depends on how the location reacts to you. I'd think that most places, if you provide good service and keep your promises would be fine with a rack. I wouldn't swap it without asking, but I think you could convince them to move up. Good luck English!

Im not so sure I would want to upgrade, but it's your choice. Im in heaven doing one product. Today i did u turns and made about 500, but i can easily do that with singles in one day, i may have to drive to a few more spots, but it's simpler and im in and out faster. Overall, it's not that serious. 1 spot is 1 spot.

Im not so sure I would want to upgrade, but it's your choice. Im in heaven doing one product. Today i did u turns and made about 500, but i can easily do that with singles in one day, i may have to drive to a few more spots, but it's simpler and im in and out faster. Overall, it's not that serious. 1 spot is 1 spot.

Not sure what your talking about. I have went from doubles to 5 head racks and made 4x the amount of money. with only one or two items there might not be something that most all customers would want.

2 things come to mind Is it a charity location or a Commission one. Charity I could see putting in a double or triple if sales are real good. I wouldn't do a 4 way unless you have a very high volume account. Selling out between your service cycles. If commission or sell them on the Idea hey your doing so well here I have a little 4 way I could put in with some toys and offer you a little off the top. Don't force it kind of ease it in.

2 things come to mind Is it a charity location or a Commission one. Charity I could see putting in a double or triple if sales are real good. I wouldn't do a 4 way unless you have a very high volume account. Selling out between your service cycles. If commission or sell them on the Idea hey your doing so well here I have a little 4 way I could put in with some toys and offer you a little off the top. Don't force it kind of ease it in.

I have all charity right now, what would the difference be between charity and commission? still the same amount of vends... unless you mean then I can use that as a bargaining chip with the location. I'm open to any commission locations I can get, I even have it on my cards lol.

Not sure what your talking about. I have went from doubles to 5 head racks and made 4x the amount of money. with only one or two items there might not be something that most all customers would want.

Well doubles and racks are different. I was referring to U turns. I waste a lot of products and have a lot of slow selling products with the U turns and the U turn 8 select eliminators. My locator is able to get me much better spots and more spots with a smaller machine. But racks are a different story, I can't speak for racks, though hear they sell well.

I have all charity right now, what would the difference be between charity and commission? still the same amount of vends... unless you mean then I can use that as a bargaining chip with the location. I'm open to any commission locations I can get, I even have it on my cards lol.

The main thing is your giving them a little piece of the action. The thing is if you want to go Commission then you could ease into the toys do a 4 way 1 Gumball 1 lower cost candy and two toys and see what happens. One good sales pitch is Hey you know your account is doing really well do you think I could upgrade your location to a small rack. (A 4 way is only slightly larger on floorspace then a Triple.) If it works for you I could offer a small commission on the sales of it. That would be a check to you every time I service the machine. Then Discuss how much your commission will be. 15-30% seems to be the going rate. You can always adjust your vend price also.

I upgraded some machines to Vend at .50 cents the spot they are going into is a commission one at a local pizza buffet. Because of that I will still make 50% profit on the vends. The owner should make a nice check also every month or two depending on how the service cycle works out for it.

The main thing is most owners want to know whats going on and get upset when they are left out of the loop of information.

Archived