Income expectations on full size drink machines

Recently I had the opportunity to talk to a few new vendors just getting started in the vending business. They had some pretty large expectations on the amount of income you could typically make with a stand alone drink machine.

Would you note the amount at which you feel the machine is in a "keeper" location. Let's say you picked up a refurbished single price can machine paying about $695.

Ok, I just installed a single price vendo 475 at a used car lot, 75 cent a can, 10 days and sold 95 cans and that is about what I expected.

The best selling drink there!

1) Dr Pepper

2) Diet Coke

3) Root beer

4) Coke

5) Sprite, Mt Dew

6) orange

I have two selections of coke for now, might have to change to two Dr Pepper!

This is my second soda machine.

Recently I had the opportunity to talk to a few new vendors just getting started in the vending business. They had some pretty large expectations on the amount of income you could typically make with a stand alone drink machine.

Would you note the amount at which you feel the machine is in a "keeper" location. Let's say you picked up a refurbished single price can machine paying about $695.

50 dollars a week , $695 is too high for a single price can vendor , 200-500

for $800 you can get a dixie 501e or 501r if you are willing to shop around and

have some patience. 500 is the MOST i would pay for a can machine and thats

if i really needed one for an acct. ive got a few of them for 200 and 400

• 2 weeks later...

$25.00 and above per week is solid for a stand alone. I have many single priced can machines. My income from these machines shot up when I let them sit for 2 weeks or 3 weeks and even as many at 4 weeks. Income shot up and driver wages and gas dropped down. On average they make close to $100.00 per stop. Some are $150.00 per stop. Stand alone can machines don't need the constant service as an account that has a snack machine.I let these machines sit until they make over $1000.00 in a 8 hour to 9 hour day.

$25.00 and above per week is solid for a stand alone. I have many single priced can machines. My income from these machines shot up when I let them sit for 2 weeks or 3 weeks and even as many at 4 weeks. Income shot up and driver wages and gas dropped down. On average they make close to $100.00 per stop. Some are $150.00 per stop. Stand alone can machines don't need the constant service as an account that has a snack machine.I let these machines sit until they make over $1000.00 in a 8 hour to 9 hour day.

to be clear, profit went up, your income stayed the same.

Archived