Bill acceptor not accepting!

I have a Royal Merlin IV and the green lights on the acceptor are blinking showing that there is power. The coin mech is full and properly receiving coins, yet it still will not take any bills (as if there is no power). I emptied all bills to ensure no bills were jammed in there. The red light on the inside of the validator is blinking.

Do you know what the problem could be?

I have a Royal Merlin IV and the green lights on the acceptor are blinking showing that there is power. The coin mech is full and properly receiving coins, yet it still will not take any bills (as if there is no power). I emptied all bills to ensure no bills were jammed in there. The red light on the inside of the validator is blinking.

Do you know what the problem could be?

What type of bill acceptor? How many flashes? There might be on the bill box a listing of flash codes to help diagnose your problem.

Try taking out the lower sensor board housing with the power on. Put it back in, put the bill box back on, and see if the code goes away. If not, power down the machine, spray out the stacker area of the acceptor with air and make sure the sensors are clean and try it again. Usually that kind of thing happens when a bill gets stuck or something doesn't go in right. If you can't get it to reset yourself, then a service center will need to reset it, and make sure all the home sensors are calibrated properly.

Archived