More proof y u want to stay away from terminators

JLM Vending

I only have 1 terminator that is working out fur me and it still is a pain. Today I found out that my father had to remove my u turn from his office, the landlord was worried that people would get sick. If that's true I don't blame him because there are 8 products. And now when I take this machine back what am I gonna do? In 1 year I probably Made just enough to pay for the candy. Either way managing machines like this are not worth it. There are better things to Do than waste your time and money on these gimmicks. I just went to a couple single machine spots and picked up 30 bucks each. Simple. In and out within 5 minutes. I didn't have to spend 150 on products and waste my time. U turn eliminators are the biggest waste of time and money. Newbies looking to buy into it, don't get sucked in. You will regret it. They don't make you more money, they actually waste your time. With the oaks I'm profiting in 6 months or less. No reason to get greedy and over complicate things. The national average of terminators is not 169 a month. It's not even close to a fifth of that.

I only have 1 terminator that is working out fur me and it still is a pain. Today I found out that my father had to remove my u turn from his office, the landlord was worried that people would get sick. If that's true I don't blame him because there are 8 products. And now when I take this machine back what am I gonna do? In 1 year I probably Made just enough to pay for the candy. Either way managing machines like this are not worth it. There are better things to Do than waste your time and money on these gimmicks. I just went to a couple single machine spots and picked up 30 bucks each. Simple. In and out within 5 minutes. I didn't have to spend 150 on products and waste my time. U turn eliminators are the biggest waste of time and money. Newbies looking to buy into it, don't get sucked in. You will regret it. They don't make you more money, they actually waste your time. With the oaks I'm profiting in 6 months or less. No reason to get greedy and over complicate things. The national average of terminators is not 169 a month. It's not even close to a fifth of that.

Why take that machine back?

Just sell it to your friends who are doing so well with them.

They should jump at the opportunity to buy yours given how much they told you they loved their u-turn machines when you were getting started.

Give them a good price and tell them to go pick it up from your location.

To further prove my point, I just got back servicing a gumball countertop machine like the one i have in my avatar. It was at a haircut place. I thought it might make 15 bucks a month if Im lucky. My goodness. You might not believe it, but the machine had over 125 bucks in it in less than 6 weeks. I'm not sure how many gumballs fit in there, i thought it was 400. But i counted twice, and there were indeed 125 bucks in there somehow. Infact, I have never done this with a U turn or a Terminator. After that I realized that I was deceived big time and it wasn't just me. I have no idea how those quarters got there with this cute little machine, but they were there. My little single counters are making more than my u turns now, 10 times easier to service, 5 to 8 times cheaper, and the machines 5 times cheaper as well. As a matter of fact, everything I want in vending I can't get with U turns. Im so happy that I cut my ego and changed my ways.

PS: I got this spot from Kick start. They rejected my u turn, but accepted my countertop. Nothing fancy about this place. Yes kickstart has got me some rejections, but they do tend to get me lucky spots here and there.

Thanks to you and several others on here. I almost bought a route with 31 U turn terminators in my area...Even after I talked the seller down to 50% of their asking price I walked away. Reading this confirms my decision...

Thanks to you and several others on here. I almost bought a route with 31 U turn terminators in my area...Even after I talked the seller down to 50% of their asking price I walked away. Reading this confirms my decision...

Good. IM glad. While people on here have heard me say this before, Im glad to continue to save the newbies. I could have had a full time route by now if I didn't get those U turns. I was desperate. Even buying Uturn used isn't a good thing.

I see those out on my route and wonder if they really make more than my machines. I always see the 8 selection type in yellow. I looked on their website and saw the price when I was searching for machines. I instantly knew they were a rip off. Vendstars may not be the greatest, but I'd take them over the U-Turn any day.

I wonder how many millions those biz op guys sucked from people?? I see those ads all the time in papers etc talking about "If you just empty the canister once a week,you'll make $$" ..they just don't mention it would take 5 years to empty it!! when i have those same people (the next batch of newbie vendors) see me service a rack in a location,,i can see their excitement when they ask "How much money does that rack make?"...

I just hang my head low and say "the guy who sold it to me said i would make thousands of dollars but it does good to make a couple bucks a month,its been 2 years since i serviced this machine last."..thats best way to protect them(and discourage every tom,golpher or harry from starting a bulk route) from those guys..

maybe id sell more pushers if i shoveled BS like those guys,,

ron

www.blazingquarters.com

hahaha...funny how they have the forum to edit words!! i didn't know they did that,,really a good idea ...

my last post said "golpher" instead of the short name for Richard...great forum ..lol

ron

www.blazingquarters.com

I wonder how many millions those biz op guys sucked from people?? I see those ads all the time in papers etc talking about "If you just empty the canister once a week,you'll make $$" ..they just don't mention it would take 5 years to empty it!! when i have those same people (the next batch of newbie vendors) see me service a rack in a location,,i can see their excitement when they ask "How much money does that rack make?"...

I just hang my head low and say "the guy who sold it to me said i would make thousands of dollars but it does good to make a couple bucks a month,its been 2 years since i serviced this machine last."..thats best way to protect them(and discourage every tom,golpher or harry from starting a bulk route) from those guys..

Speaking of terminators. Check this out....

http://www.bizbuysel...SUzZCUzZA%3d%3d

Many desperate people want to believe that. They don't understand that it takes some time to build a route. We have to admit the vending biz has been flooded since high unemployment became the norm. I turned to vending because I had no job.

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, I've never had a problem with UTurns. These machines are a pot of gold. I'm returning to the vending buiz after several years off while pursuing a career in IT. I had a few locations where three headed machines were present and the Uturn terminator blew my competition away. What problems were you having with the machines? I wish I could've purchased the 31 you passed up :-). Now I definately would not pay the $900 BUCKS THE companies asking for them lol.

Wow, I've never had a problem with UTurns. These machines are a pot of gold. I'm returning to the vending buiz after several years off while pursuing a career in IT. I had a few locations where three headed machines were present and the Uturn terminator blew my competition away. What problems were you having with the machines? I wish I could've purchased the 31 you passed up :-). Now I definately would not pay the $900 BUCKS THE companies asking for them lol.

The machine doesn't catch the quarters 70 percent of the time, causing me to hand pick them one by one. Plus 4 products makes it too complicated and harder to keep track of (Im always struggling to think about which ones other than PMM to put in, and end up putting filler products like reese's pieces just to fill the canisters. Most of the time only 1 or 2 sells. And the plastic parts are very weak. The machine is discernibly bigger than other types of candy machines.

JLM, You are soo true about machine catching quarters. I have long fingers and remember having to pull up the base and turn it upside down into my satchel. It made it easier for my pulls than picking quarters with my fingers. I fill my canisters to notch number three and the chocolate candies to notch #2.

The machine doesn't catch the quarters 70 percent of the time, causing me to hand pick them one by one. Plus 4 products makes it too complicated and harder to keep track of (Im always struggling to think about which ones other than PMM to put in, and end up putting filler products like reese's pieces just to fill the canisters. Most of the time only 1 or 2 sells. And the plastic parts are very weak. The machine is discernibly bigger than other types of candy machines.

I'm a newbie to vending, but I've had a little experience with UTurns now, (not the Terminators.)

I've put the 4-selection machine in 6 large locations, 2 medium-sized locations, and 1 small location... A U-Turn machine actually gave me my biggest thrill of my short vending career thus far -- $52 in 28 days at a college bar last month! (College isn't even in session yet, so I'm pretty excited!!) Yes, about half of the quarters were on the bottom of the machine LOL, but to me, it didn't really matter... I was really happy to see that my faith in vending wasn't misplaced!! (Before I found this forum, I was considering selling my machines b/c I'd had such a bad experience with KickStart.)

There are some pros and cons... Pro: They're attractive in a kitschy way, which made 2 upscale bar&grills amenable to taking them. Con: I did have to replace a coin mechanism a few weeks ago, and I think that metal mechanisms > plastic for durability's sake... I was thinking about getting a Terminator to place in a local factory, but now I think I'll stick with the 4-selection.

I'm a newbie to vending, but I've had a little experience with UTurns now, (not the Terminators.)

I've put the 4-selection machine in 6 large locations, 2 medium-sized locations, and 1 small location... A U-Turn machine actually gave me my biggest thrill of my short vending career thus far -- $52 in 28 days at a college bar last month! (College isn't even in session yet, so I'm pretty excited!!) Yes, about half of the quarters were on the bottom of the machine LOL, but to me, it didn't really matter... I was really happy to see that my faith in vending wasn't misplaced!! (Before I found this forum, I was considering selling my machines b/c I'd had such a bad experience with KickStart.)

There are some pros and cons... Pro: They're attractive in a kitschy way, which made 2 upscale bar&grills amenable to taking them. Con: I did have to replace a coin mechanism a few weeks ago, and I think that metal mechanisms > plastic for durability's sake... I was thinking about getting a Terminator to place in a local factory, but now I think I'll stick with the 4-selection.

I think anyone that would by a Terminator is crazy it is way oversized for most locations. If you need to carry 8-12 Items to vend then you should probably move on to a Full size machine. You can get a nice full size machine used for about the same amount a Terminator would run you new. Maybe even a little less. Carry a greater selection and the ability to vend varied amount of items for not much more floor space

Archived