Short Video Worth Watching

mission vending

I thoroughly enjoyed the clip. Totally out of context selfrighteous fear mongering is always a hoot. Please lets be reasonable. There are real problems ahead but the resolution of them will take some real work and sacrfice by all.

Why should we be thoughtful? Well, for example, let us end all Federal spending on agriculture. What would your state of Texas look like? Kiss your economy good bye because your entire agricultural base is propped up by the Federal Government. Like it or not your Beef Industry is healthy because of Food Stamps. Your produce industry lives and dies by migrant labor and Federal support via Federally supported Research, Ag Schools and worker programs. Without Federal intervention, tarrifs, and support Cotton and Sugar growers would vanish.

I am not in agreement with all the federal Programs but I am very aware of where my income comes from. Like it or not if you are in bulk vending most of your money came from the hand of a child of a person getting some sort of "help". Be careful of what you wish for.

I thoroughly enjoyed the clip. Totally out of context selfrighteous fear mongering is always a hoot. Please lets be reasonable. There are real problems ahead but the resolution of them will take some real work and sacrfice by all.

Why should we be thoughtful? Well, for example, let us end all Federal spending on agriculture. What would your state of Texas look like? Kiss your economy good bye because your entire agricultural base is propped up by the Federal Government. Like it or not your Beef Industry is healthy because of Food Stamps. Your produce industry lives and dies by migrant labor and Federal support via Federally supported Research, Ag Schools and worker programs. Without Federal intervention, tarrifs, and support Cotton and Sugar growers would vanish.

I am not in agreement with all the federal Programs but I am very aware of where my income comes from. Like it or not if you are in bulk vending most of your money came from the hand of a child of a person getting some sort of "help". Be careful of what you wish for.

We can be thoughtful be we must be a little more proactive about

Do you ever get the feeling that We are being outnumbered???

The numbers will amaze you. It's rather short so it doesn't take long to view it.. Government Gone Wild.

http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=xOAgT8L_BqQ&feature=player_embedded

Wow. He's right on. I hope I can get back to TX before they secede.

Like it or not your Beef Industry is healthy because of Food Stamps.

Since government doesn't actually produce any revenues, printing money doesn't count, all they can do is receive revenues through fees and taxation your statement is about the equivalent of paying off a credit card with another credit card. Real money never changes hands, it just gets shuffled.

Oh and for the record I grew up working the family farm, it was the largest beef feedlot in Alabama at the time, so i do know something about how the system works.

Math always amazes me.

Is there any tool more malleable for making ones point?

It's all about the debt, the last few administrations, both parties, in Congress and the White House have spent like a drunken sailor. Under Clinton we ran up more debt than all the previous administrations combined. Under Bush we more than doubled it again. Now with Obama, if he ie reelected, we are on pace to do it again.

Does not matter if you are R, D, I, L or whatever, this is not sustainable. My choice is to cut spending, everywhere, cut fed subsidies for agriculture, cut civil service sector, cut military and cut entitlements.

If we don't get some people with the nerve to tackle these issues and begin doing this in a reasonable and thoughtful manner then eventually the solutions will be forced on us like is happening in Europe and it will probably be pretty draconian when it happens.

Very interesting. It always amazes me how short sighted some people are.

Though I like to think I'm pretty optimistic about all of this turning out all right, the logical side of me agrees with the report from German media outlet Deutche Welle a few years back- the US has a dark day coming when the money runs out, or it's devalued to the point of being valueless. Then what are the masses of those on assistance going to do when that day comes? What are our officials going to do when that day comes? What am I going to do when that day comes?

In the end my opinion matters very little. My vote this fall is a popularity vote only, and has little if any real bearing on the election results. There is no recourse if my representatives don't agree with me or the people they are "sworn" to represent (Senator Herb Kohl believed that SOPA was a vital piece of legislation, and that we in his district were "overreacting" by protesting it) and I in effect have no power in my government.

I don't know for sure whats coming over the horizon, but I encourage all of you to look around and take a mental picture of what you see- these are "the good ol' days" and we should enjoy them before they are long gone.

Your vote is worth more than mine in this election. You live in one of the 12 states that will decide this election. Texas is solidly R and nothing short of a complete and total meltdown will keep Romney from getting the Texas electoral votes.

Your vote is worth more than mine in this election. You live in one of the 12 states that will decide this election. Texas is solidly R and nothing short of a complete and total meltdown will keep Romney from getting the Texas electoral votes.

I'll vote, but I doubt it will make much difference. We'll see!

OK...all you who don't want to believe in facts...

- no more cell phone calls

- no pills or medicine of any kind allowed

- no driving or riding any modern convenience (planes, cars, even bikes)

- please take off all your clothes (you may wear animal skins)

- no eating any food produced by agriculture (you should get started on flint knapping before you get too hungry)

- walk to your nearest wilderness area and have fun!!!

- no eating any food produced by agriculture (you should get started on flint knapping before you get too hungry)

Who's disputing facts?

Dogcow's quote is from "Homer Simpson"...how could his post be taken for anything but a joke?

Sounds like heaven to me.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

All the negativity, this is exactly what I mean by thinking about things. We live in a great place. I have more money and more freedom than at any other time in my life. Taxes are the lowest they have been since 1956. The broadcast "fairness doctrine" of the 50s is long gone ( msnbc & fox would have been banned). The FCC is a joke, enforcing virtually nothing. Guns once banned are available to anyone with money. I could go on for a very long time, we are more free than at anytime in my life. I honestly do not get the great hate and discontent. If you are failing in this country its your own fault.

I joke about stuff that a lot of folks are just nutty about, sorry. Seriously does anyone really think that allowing the banking industry to collapse would have been good? Should we really walk away from agriculture? (every one of our competitors subsidizes thier ag). The infrastructure we all use everyday (highways, water works, airports, electric grid etc) was put in place by those who went before us, it is a gift from them to us, our inheritance so to speak, so now we say we ain't paying to repair or improve it?

I agree that we are going through a very serious time. It is of our own making. It is we who have demanded lower taxes, decreased banking regulation, easy credit and we have only voted for those who enabled us. There are no innocent parties we have all been along for the ride. I think people are mad because its time to pay up and there is nowhere to hide.

once again, this election will be decided by america's wang

florida-face-tattoo-5886-1248196587-7-300x205.jpg

I joke about stuff that a lot of folks are just nutty about, sorry. Seriously does anyone really think that allowing the banking industry to collapse would have been good? Should we really walk away from agriculture? (every one of our competitors subsidizes thier ag).

i agree with u for the most part except two points

1-the bailout was a disgrace. there are ways to do what needed to be done without bailing out the creditors of the failed banks,the money was not well spent, no lessons were learned and we basically now have a law codifying too big to fail and bailout policy

as the law of the land...dont worry take as much risk as you want, the taxpayers will bail you out if it all blows up meanwhile

bond holders get paid 100 cent on the dollar...how is that right?

2- ag subsidy makes sense on the surface but can lead to strange side-effects with negative consequences. a great example

is the case of sugar. why do we use corn syrup , no other country in the world really uses it. ive been many places abroad and

all of their soda is sugar sweetened. the reason is corn is highly subsidizes in the US, and sugar prices are controlled tightly. the

federal government controls the sugar prices by setting a price floor on domestic sugar, meaning if the price falls below X the gov

buys up the excess to keep the price high. they also impose an extremely high tariff on imported sugar from our neighbors in the carribean and central america. who does this really benefit? only a small handful of wealthy sugar farmers in florida. famously the fanjul brothers have grown extremely wealthy due to these government policies. one brother is the #1 contributor to the democrat party in florida every year, the other brother is the #1 contributor to the republican party every year. these guys are on a first name basis

with governors and presidents. it has been reported while bill clinton was in the oval office with monica lewinsky famously on the phone

while performing a sex act the man on the other end of the line was alfonso fanjul.

All the negativity, this is exactly what I mean by thinking about things. We live in a great place. I have more money and more freedom than at any other time in my life. Taxes are the lowest they have been since 1956. The broadcast "fairness doctrine" of the 50s is long gone ( msnbc & fox would have been banned). The FCC is a joke, enforcing virtually nothing. Guns once banned are available to anyone with money. I could go on for a very long time, we are more free than at anytime in my life. I honestly do not get the great hate and discontent. If you are failing in this country its your own fault.

I joke about stuff that a lot of folks are just nutty about, sorry. Seriously does anyone really think that allowing the banking industry to collapse would have been good? Should we really walk away from agriculture? (every one of our competitors subsidizes thier ag). The infrastructure we all use everyday (highways, water works, airports, electric grid etc) was put in place by those who went before us, it is a gift from them to us, our inheritance so to speak, so now we say we ain't paying to repair or improve it?

I agree that we are going through a very serious time. It is of our own making. It is we who have demanded lower taxes, decreased banking regulation, easy credit and we have only voted for those who enabled us. There are no innocent parties we have all been along for the ride. I think people are mad because its time to pay up and there is nowhere to hide.

I don't think it's all meant to be negative, I am very well off, compared to most, these days. I agree we still have a lot of freedoms, although some of those are being crowded out. But the point that you should never stop striving for more, it's not about selfishness but about that little phrase "the pursuit of happiness". It's also about concern for those you care for, I will have to pay for some of this massive debt we are running up, but not enough to really concern me, but I worry about my son's way of life and opportunities as his generation will be crushed under the weight of it. Again that's not a negative outlook, but one involving foresight and planning. What I can change today to ease that burden 10, 20 or 30 years from now for his sake, is time and money well spent imo.

2- ag subsidy makes sense on the surface but can lead to strange side-effects with negative consequences.

I have seen crops left in the ground to whither and die because it paid the farmer more money. I have also seen farmers who have intentionally destroyed or hid their crops in order to make more money. A man whose only source of income is based on his work will usually always perform to 100%. A man who gets part or all of his income from someone else doesn't have the same incentives, and in some cases, has incentives to do the opposite of what's right. We see that in every single program where we "give" money out. I am not saying they aren't needed or necessarily in some cases but it needs to be managed and distributed a lot better and to only those that really need it. One family memebers farm makes a very comfortable 6 figure income, he rarely works and yep most of that comes from fed grants and subsidy's. All he had to do was buy the land and apply for the rest.

I have seen crops left in the ground to whither and die because it paid the farmer more money. I have also seen farmers who have intentionally destroyed or hid their crops in order to make more money. A man whose only source of income is based on his work will usually always perform to 100%. A man who gets part or all of his income from someone else doesn't have the same incentives, and in some cases, has incentives to do the opposite of what's right. We see that in every single program where we "give" money out. I am not saying they aren't needed or necessarily in some cases but it needs to be managed and distributed a lot better and to only those that really need it. One family memebers farm makes a very comfortable 6 figure income, he rarely works and yep most of that comes from fed grants and subsidy's. All he had to do was buy the land and apply for the rest.

IMO much of the greatness of this country comes from "creative destruction". That is, someone invents a better mousetrap and existing companies must change, adapt and further innovate or eventually become obsolete and go out of business. With farm subsidies, as well as most other subsidy (bailout) programs, again IMO, government interference with the creative destruction process hinders long term growth and innovation and at the end of the day the subsidy programs do not accomplish their stated goals in many cases.

The Ag subsidy programs were intended to help the small farm and ranch operations. As a small time rancher, currently 11 head of cattle, I have never benefited from any of the Ag subsidy programs. Here is a link to a article commenting on a study done on the farm subsidy program,

http://www.ewg.org/a...-subsidy-myths/

So why continue with this program? Why not eliminate it and not borrow the money needed to fund it that our children will have to pay back?

I don't think it's all meant to be negative, I am very well off, compared to most, these days. I agree we still have a lot of freedoms, although some of those are being crowded out. But the point that you should never stop striving for more, it's not about selfishness but about that little phrase "the pursuit of happiness". It's also about concern for those you care for, I will have to pay for some of this massive debt we are running up, but not enough to really concern me, but I worry about my son's way of life and opportunities as his generation will be crushed under the weight of it. Again that's not a negative outlook, but one involving foresight and planning. What I can change today to ease that burden 10, 20 or 30 years from now for his sake, is time and money well spent imo.

I am in agreement with you on this comment. IMO, We are not on a good trajectory financially, but with only modest changes now we can have a big impact on the future of our children and the economic difficulties they will face.

Greed and self interest are basic components to the human condition, it exists to make sure that our species flourishes by protecting ourselves and by extension those we love. Therefore anything made up of and run by humans will have these inherent characteristics as well. People who choose to govern will lean towards government that benefits them, it is, ans will always be an imperfect system, but our forefathers had it right, that we could limit and control those affects through using limited government with limited scope and power. That is the biggest reason I support small government and a fed that is very limited in it's scope.

In a connected way, Capitalism is the singularly most successful because of these same factors. A lot of people knock it because of the greed, but it is that greed that makes us invent a better mousetrap, increase innovation and productivity, and teaches a work ethic of hard work based on reward.

Greed and self interest are basic components to the human condition, it exists to make sure that our species flourishes by protecting ourselves and by extension those we love. Therefore anything made up of and run by humans will have these inherent characteristics as well. People who choose to govern will lean towards government that benefits them, it is, ans will always be an imperfect system, but our forefathers had it right, that we could limit and control those affects through using limited government with limited scope and power. That is the biggest reason I support small government and a fed that is very limited in it's scope.

In a connected way, Capitalism is the singularly most successful because of these same factors. A lot of people knock it because of the greed, but it is that greed that makes us invent a better mousetrap, increase innovation and productivity, and teaches a work ethic of hard work based on reward.

Spot on. I couldn't have said it better!

and the choir sang Amen!!! ;D

Archived