Broken gumball 'stirrer'(?) for 1-800 triple machines

Davis Caroline

(Thanks in advance for your help....)

I am about to buy some 1-800 triple machines and I have been informed that a few of them have a broken piece in the gumball canister. From the explanation I received, it sounds like it is the piece that stirs the gumballs at the time of a vend. (So for this machine, the plastic piece with the spring attached.)

I am not familiar with the 1-800 triples, so i have a few questions:

1) Is this a common piece that breaks on these machines? The seller said this was the only broken part of the machines for sale and I just wondered why it happened to several of them.

2) Can you obtain parts for this machine anymore?

3) Is there an easy fix for this? Would I even have stale product without this piece? etc.

Thanks again.

(Thanks in advance for your help....)

I am about to buy some 1-800 triple machines and I have been informed that a few of them have a broken piece in the gumball canister. From the explanation I received, it sounds like it is the piece that stirs the gumballs at the time of a vend. (So for this machine, the plastic piece with the spring attached.)

I am not familiar with the 1-800 triples, so i have a few questions:

1) Is this a common piece that breaks on these machines? The seller said this was the only broken part of the machines for sale and I just wondered why it happened to several of them.

2) Can you obtain parts for this machine anymore?

3) Is there an easy fix for this? Would I even have stale product without this piece? etc.

Thanks again.

I have a few 1-800s, I haven't had them for too long but the stirrer seems pretty sturdy to me. Depending on which part of it is broken you may be able to fabricate a new piece or if all else fails then eBay has everything.

The stirrer isn't a matter of keeping product fresh but it is there to keep the gum balls from locking into each other by their own weight and causing missvends, so it is pretty essential.

I'd get a good picture of what exactly is broken from the seller and decide if you can fix it or adjust his selling price accordingly for new parts. Good luck!

I do the same as timber frame. Attach a spring with a self tap screw and you are set. The only other problem is the teeth of the gumball wheels break off. I have yet to find a solution for this.

Or just leave the agitator out and vend toys, which is probably what you'll end up doing eventually anyhow. I'm switching all my 1800 machines to toys. They sell better, make more money, and never go bad; and the 1800 triple is a good alternative to a four-way rack if you can't afford one. Eventually I want to get a rack set up so I can do some 2" stuff; but for 1" toys, the 1800 triple does a pretty good job.

Or just leave the agitator out and vend toys, which is probably what you'll end up doing eventually anyhow. I'm switching all my 1800 machines to toys. They sell better, make more money, and never go bad; and the 1800 triple is a good alternative to a four-way rack if you can't afford one. Eventually I want to get a rack set up so I can do some 2" stuff; but for 1" toys, the 1800 triple does a pretty good job.

I have never seen a candy 1800 on route around here. They are all toy triples, and from what I understand, they do very well.

Archived