How do I reset a Crane National Vending - Model 474 - master code?

Spen

Bought a soda+candy Crane National Vending machine, model 474. It has the main control board and everything, however I bought it used and the owner doesn't know the master password to change prices. How can I reset it?

Thank you for any help, if you need more information, just ask!

There's a manual on one of my threads I think u hold a sequence of numbers. These machines are great I like how easy they are however I have some that don't vend a column sometimes

Thanks, I'll look and see if I can fix it!

I know you don't need a masterpassword, howerver the old owner locked down everything and you need a password, that he forgot to unlock everything.

I see in the .PDF you linked to:

IMPORTANT!

If you enter a new code, be sure to keep a written record of it. There is no other way to access the SUPERVISOR mode.

Really?

TKK:

I didn't see in any of your topics how to reset the code!

Edited by Spen

Well, playing around with different codes, I found the right code! However, it scares me, because I think my machine would be useless without a code, and that's just bad programming.

Well, playing around with different codes, I found the right code! However, it scares me, because I think my machine would be useless without a code, and that's just bad programming.

Not quite, all you would have to do is send the board back to the factory and have it reprogrammed to original factory settings. Even if it can't be flashed, worst case you would need to put a new control board in it.

I believe this machine has the same board as the 147/148 and that there is a way to retrieve the lost code, I don't recall the exact procedure but it involves jumping 2 pins on display board then pressing a couple of keys on the programming keypad. Call National Vendors and they will tell you how it is done.

Mission is right. We reprogram boards all the time, and it completely resets them. All you really need to do is clear the Dallas chip and replace the eprom, all for about $50 and you have a brand new program.

• 7 years later...