Quarter not needed to turn and get candy - what part do I need?

JCS Vending

Buying 3 Vendesigns tomorrow off Craigslist. 2 are fine (paying $60 each) but the red one - the seller said he bought from a guy cheap because the original owner took the "plate" out and all you have to do is turn the handle to get candy without having to put a quarter in. He said most people won't realize it and will put a quarter in and get candy anyway but I'm obviously not going to take that chance. I'm paying $40 for this machine.post-4635-0-76596200-1343521295_thumb.jpg

I'm new to vending and am not familiar with Vendesigns yet. My question is what do I need to purchase to get it to stop doing this? Do I need a coin mech or something else? Coin mechs are about $30-$40 on ebay so having to buy 4 of them wouldn't make purchasing it worth it. Hoping it's an inexpensive part.

Anyone know what I need and where I could buy it?

Thank you.

I know what piece they probably removed. I had to take a mech totally apart to repair one a month ago. If you can find and old junked machine you could scavenge the parts you need. Otherwise you might need new mechs. They are pretty easy to take apart'. Take spar one that works and one that doesn't and see what's missing.

That gold one looks awesome, btw. I'd buy that and I'm not purchasing anymore vendesigns. My ten are enough. Carrying them around sucks.

Archived