Is it a fact that you will lose every location you service?

JLM Vending

I think what we need to focus on is what the future has to bring my greatest concern is how will we be able to continue to do business with the price hikes in toys and candy prices pmm is a perfect example will this business still be profitable ten years from now?Maybe someone out there will create a two dollar mech.

I think what we need to focus on is what the future has to bring my greatest concern is how will we be able to continue to do business with the price hikes in toys and candy prices pmm is a perfect example will this business still be profitable ten years from now?Maybe someone out there will create a two dollar mech.

I have heard a rumor that Beaver has a $1.25 and $1.50 mech in the works.

i hope to god you are a fake character like some people believe because the possibility that there are people this dopey out there terrifies me

Just look what state he lives in. Just sayin. LOL.

Hmmmm, well, lets see. I know many locations that I operated, that i bought in 1978, that had been on location for 20 years when I bought them. I had to scramble and get newly configured racks out ASAP to change these locations, and pull the old stuff...and I rotated equipment every 60 months or so, and now the guy I sold these locations to is changing out for new racks now.

I have one building that ahs housed a store, a restaurant, a laundry mat, and a car repair place, and Im still there...owners have changed, racks and equipment have chnaged, but Ims till there.

So many small businesses go out of business, and that is where I "loose" most locations.

My route has alaways been in a constant state of flux. Some days, it seems like I loose more than I gain. Other days, it seems like I have a bunch of old locations, and cant find a new one.

The longer you do this, the more places go out of business. I helped pick up a 6 way rack, a laminate machine, and a quarter stand alone from a location that these machines were placed in January ....1962. The owners , who bought the place in 1974, decided to retire.

To keep your locations, clean your machines, swap them occasionally, sell good products, and pay attention. If you loose interst, do everyone a favor, sell the route!

When the store is a bit run down, dont leave sort of run down equipment, pull it, paint it, clean it, have the shiniest thing in the place!

Incidentally, I called a guy I sold much of my route to, and he had the following observation:

"I have 36 loactions that have had machines operated by me, and before me, and before you, all placed between 1948 and 1955.......how may places were in business that long in your area?

The operators busines card is in 3 places inside the vacant place.....

Businesses sell change hands I think you hit it right on the head. Metro all we can do is the best we can at servicing our accounts. I have started with the redheaded stepchild of vending machines Vendstars. I have several out now and just starting to show some money coming in.

I have since started purchasing NW and some eagles. Slowly working to get them all out on the route working. I don't expect to have a location 20 years if I do Great If not oh well all we can do is just move on. 50% of new businesses fail 80-90% of all new restaurants fail. We have to expect change to go on. It is the nature of the beast. That is why we all need to work on locating skills and do it ourselves when we can. We all have to more forward adjust as we build our routes and be open to change from time to time. What worked 10-20 years ago can work today just might mean a little tweaking to bring it to the next level.

I have recently seen the golden arches do some marketing changes and BK is following there lead. We all have to tear down the old and rebuild with new from time to time.

Hmmmm, well, lets see. I know many locations that I operated, that i bought in 1978, that had been on location for 20 years when I bought them. I had to scramble and get newly configured racks out ASAP to change these locations, and pull the old stuff...and I rotated equipment every 60 months or so, and now the guy I sold these locations to is changing out for new racks now.

I have one building that ahs housed a store, a restaurant, a laundry mat, and a car repair place, and Im still there...owners have changed, racks and equipment have chnaged, but Ims till there.

So many small businesses go out of business, and that is where I "loose" most locations.

My route has alaways been in a constant state of flux. Some days, it seems like I loose more than I gain. Other days, it seems like I have a bunch of old locations, and cant find a new one.

The longer you do this, the more places go out of business. I helped pick up a 6 way rack, a laminate machine, and a quarter stand alone from a location that these machines were placed in January ....1962. The owners , who bought the place in 1974, decided to retire.

To keep your locations, clean your machines, swap them occasionally, sell good products, and pay attention. If you loose interst, do everyone a favor, sell the route!

When the store is a bit run down, dont leave sort of run down equipment, pull it, paint it, clean it, have the shiniest thing in the place!

Incidentally, I called a guy I sold much of my route to, and he had the following observation:

"I have 36 loactions that have had machines operated by me, and before me, and before you, all placed between 1948 and 1955.......how may places were in business that long in your area?

The operators busines card is in 3 places inside the vacant place.....

Ya you hit it right on the head if you take care of them they will let you stay for along time. Part of my route has been in the field since the 30's.

Archived